[Opensim-dev] Inteop patch Mantis#1696

Dr Scofield DrScofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net
Thu Jul 17 11:08:08 UTC 2008

Mike Mazur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:25:20 -0700 (PDT)
> Charles Krinke <cfk at pacbell.net> wrote:
>

>> We have Zha's interop patch in Mantis#1696 currently.
>>
>> I understand we cannot test its features and that probably the best
>> we can do for right now is ensure it applies, compiles on Windows and
>> Linux and does not break other functions.
>>
>> I am wondering if we can consider applying it, or at least a portion
>> of it and moving forward a little bit.
>>

> I don't think this patch needs to be committed. As you say, it's
> impossible to test, and from what I understand requires a modified
> client that supports this feature[1].
>
> The patch can stay in the bug tracker and interested parties are free
> to apply/test/update the patch as things progress. If part of it is to
> be committed, let the authors decide how to split the patch up.

i don't think we should apply that patch. we should tackle the opensim
grid--grid interconnect first, work out reasonable set up
APIs/interfaces, then revisit the patch and adapt it to the OpenSim way
of doing things.

for the time being that patch should stay on mantis. i'll try and cut a
revised edition soon --- and if zha comes up with a new patch will put
it on mantis as well.

    cheers,
    dr scofield

--