[Opensim-dev] Inteop patch Mantis#1696

Michael Wright michaelwri22 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 19:06:16 UTC 2008

I think we most likely should at least wait until it can be tested, but even then I still have some concerns.

I think, really the support for SL interconnect should be a external project. And think  that we should, at the same time work on our own opensim - opensim grid interop support.

I just think there are two many limitations with the LL concept (agent domain ,etc). So while I fully support OpenSim being able to connect with SL, I just don't want to tie opensim to that being the only approach.

Charles Krinke <cfk at pacbell.net> wrote: We have Zha's interop patch in Mantis#1696 currently.

I understand we cannot test its features and that probably the best we can do for right now is ensure it applies, compiles on Windows and Linux and does not break other functions.

I am wondering if we can consider applying it, or at least a portion of it and moving forward a little bit.

Charles