[Opensim-dev] Lively

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 15 13:45:48 UTC 2008

Well, lively.com has accomplished their main mission and for that, I thank then. We now have a "lively" debate on how OpenSim should evolve to cover the current and perceived use cases over the next few months.

I think one of the long-term issues may be that an avatars appearance perhaps should be a property of the client and not the region. Admitedly, our current mainstream client doesnt work that way, but perhaps considering morphing our architecture to favor that tendency might help.

As I think about it, the prims and builds on a region, say like one visited as a 3D web site should be a manistestation of the region creator or maintainer and the avatar should be expressed as the user desires within a set of logical constraints.

Charles