[Opensim-dev] load sharing.....

Frisby, Adam adam at deepthink.com.au
Mon Jul 14 06:14:20 UTC 2008

I know the 3Di load balancing code could potentially lend itself to this sort of application.

The best method would be to somehow serialise the scene regularly and send that to a home sim, then write an application plugin to catch exceptions and if one occurs, manually send a "force teleport" (also known as a border crossing packet) to jump the user onto the standby.

I don't actually think that would be insanely difficult to do.

Adam