[Opensim-dev] Lively

Mike Dickson mike.dickson at hp.com
Thu Jul 10 15:41:00 UTC 2008

I don't see any reason to worry.  To me OpenSIM is about server
infrastructure.  A platform for virtual world building.  And in
particular a core platform that supports extensions so that folks that
want to build "products" can do so.

Marketing to me is about products.  If you identify "marketing
requirements" for OpenSIM it's that it be an excellent platform on which
to build virtual worlds some of which may be offered as products.  A
marketing team IMO is more appropriate for those product efforts and
surely they may have requirements that could be communicated back to the
folks building the platform.  Or better yet, contributions in the form
of code that implement features where appropriate to the platform.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike