[Opensim-dev] Lively

Dzonatas dzonatas at dzonux.net
Thu Jul 10 13:48:36 UTC 2008

Melanie wrote:
> -1 on browser based viewers, too
>
> I am seriously beginning to hate the way this browser-centric way of
> thinking makes end user believe their computer is there only to run the
> browser, and "The Internet" is in that one window.
>
> [...]
> I think the time for a backlash is long overdue, people need to be given
> an _alternative_ to the browser, not yet another browser plugin!

The plug-in is a good way to get started, but that plug-in alone should
not be relied on as the only way to access the VWs. The misconception in
the thread appears that once the plug-in is made then that is the only
way. That would be far to restrictive. The plug-in serves as a portal
and one possible UI.

There is also a headless-client download that is needed for the Lively
plug-in to work.