[Opensim-dev] touch_start in linked prims

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Tue Jul 8 19:05:53 UTC 2008

Hello,

in fact, OpenSim duplicates the SecondLife touch behavior exactly.
In SecondLife, all prims are touchable when the root prim is.

Please log into SecondLife and verify that. A great many objects,
including multipanel vendors, light switches, etc, depend on this
behavior.

If the root prim has a touch_start event, all prims become
touchable. All touches are passed to the root prim, unless the
touched child also has a touch_start handler, in which case the
touch is handled locally.

If only a child prim has a touch_start event, only that child prim
is "hot". This is exact SL behavior. If a child prim is touched,
llDetectedLinkNumber() can be used to determine which child prim was
touched.

Melanie