[Opensim-dev] Please test drive the new LSL compiler

Mike Mazur mmazur at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 09:14:34 UTC 2008

Hi,

You may have noticed a new LSL compiler being checked in recently. It's
not enabled by default, but if you'd like to give it a spin, please
apply the attached patch (I hope the mailing list doesn't strip
attachments).

The compiler should work for scripts that compile. Error handling isn't
implemented yet, so you likely won't even know your script has
problems. If your script isn't working, have a look at the generated C#
source code in bin/ScriptEngine/ -- it may be just an empty class. If
the script should compile (ie: it used to), send it my way and I'll
make it work (the compiler, not the script :)

The jump instruction isn't implemented yet, as I'm not sure how to
translate that to C#.

Please give it a shot and file me some bugs.

Speaking of bugs, the compiler fixes two issues[1][2] already. As the
compiler moves forward and analysis of the abstract syntax tree is
implemented, we can fix certain more difficult bugs[3].

Thanks for reading. Check out the compiler and let me know how it goes!

Mike

[1] http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=1339
[2] http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=1651
[3] http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=1465