[Opensim-dev] Warning: IGridPlugin interface change

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 3 10:11:43 UTC 2008

Melanie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ryan McDougall wrote:
>> If you have 3rd party out-of-tree plugins, please migrate your cleanup
>> logic to Dispose() where possible.
>>
>> Should we have some sort of official deprecation process?
>
> That is a minor change. Costs 5 mins per plugin. I'd say no, just
> let them break, instead of dragging around legacy stuff.

In this particular case I agree with Melanie.  I think an official
deprecation system is too heavyweight at this point - we're still better
off manually balancing the breakage cost vs cost of announcing/debating
deprecation.

However, I've never written an independent module/plugin, so other
people may have different views.

--
justincc
Justin Clark-Casey