[Opensim-dev] LSL to C# translator preview

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Jul 2 12:32:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 05:36:44PM +0900, Mike Mazur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been working on an LSL compiler for OpenSim. It will generate
> valid C# code from LSL. You can preview my work here:
>
> http://3di.jp/images/lsl2cs.zip
>
> Check out the README file for usage instructions.
>
> What's still not implemented:
> - for loops
> - typecasting
> - jumps
> - a few operators (^, ~)
> - probably a few more things I can't think of at the moment
>
> Please give it a whirl. I hope you like it, then I can prepare a patch
> for the current script engine to use this code.
>
> Of course, I'd love to hear your feedback!

Pretty cool stuff.  Was just reading through the code.  I saw some
references to other people in some of the code with dates, that looked a
little like copyright.  What's the origin of all of this?  We'd want to
make sure that was all fully clean before putting this is.

There seems to be a lot of hard tabs in the code, good to switch those
to 4 spaces instead when you get a chance.

I'm +1 on this, and would suggest a patch as soon as you get a chance.
This is a much needed boost in the script engine arena, as the regex
model today is very very prone to breaking.

    -Sean