[Opensim-dev] [Resent] Proposal to move region specific parts of the "Estate" settings to the region datastore

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Jul 1 11:30:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 12:24:32AM +0100, Melanie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I propose to separate the region specifc parts of EstateSettings
> into a RegionSettings object, as a sibling in RegionInfo. This would
> read defaults from estate_settings.xml and create records in the
> region store, allowing these settings to be modified on a per region
> basis.
>
> Existing installs would use their current settings as default, and
> installs using no database would continue to work as before.

+1.  I just had to restart my test region 4 times yesterday to get
estate settings xml changes to take effect (multi region sim, only 1
region gets the live updates, the rest need a restart).  I'm looking
forward to a path where we don't need to do that any more.  (Yes, I know
this doesn't fully fix the path, but making this region specific helps a
lot).

    -Sean