[Opensim-dev] FW: CentralScripting offers Free Office/Build spaces in CentralGrid to scripters and OpenDev members

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 8 00:29:00 UTC 2008

Is this the only communication we have had from CentralGrid via e-mail?

I can tell you that Maltos was on IRC on or about 12-14. At that point he told us a few things:

1. They started operations on 12-1
2. They had 74 users as of 12-14.
3. BCX bank was funding them with L$500000 (or about US$2000).

I can look at our wiki, "opensimulator.org" and find entries by Maltos in the picture gallery giving the impression that these screen shots were all of CentralGrid. This is been de-emphasized.

I can look at our wiki, "opensimulator.org" and find entries by Maltos and Granger as contributors on our development team page with mention of CentralGrid.

In looking at their web site, I can see something called "Atlas Virtual Capital", which is, I believe, the AVC referred to in this e-mail.

I can also note that a search on the maingrid for the string 'OpenSim' returns a "CentralGrid HQ"

Additionally, in reading the press releases on centralgrid.com, I can see mention by Atlas Virtual Capital that they have created a VentureFund with 100 shares priced at L$5000 each (about US$20) and that this comes with a 1536m parcel on a CentralGrid sim running OpenSim.

My assumption is that the payers of the L$5000 are the majority of the CentralGrid users.

The notecard given out when entering CentralGrid HQ on the maingrid makes reference to the fact that other OpenSim groups have decided that implementing monetary exchange is not important, but CentralGrid has done so.  Also, this notecard indicates that CentralGrid intends to offer its computer facility to other, "smaller" grids to provide a cohesive metaverse under their umbrella and resources.

I have read a number of posts written in the  last month giving the impression that CentralGrid is the only "significant" public grid running OpenSim.

I also have listened to "Eric Reuters" indicate CentralGrid is getting a lot of press lately.

I think it would be very helpful if they would participate in our community on IRC.

Charles