[Opensim-dev] Concerning recent grid instability and inconsistency

Brian Wolfe brianw at terrabox.com
Fri Feb 29 14:48:48 UTC 2008

Well, so far as one of those many that's handled the packet code, I've
been chasing down some inefficiencies in the login sequence. I could use
some more people trying out the UserThreadPoolBranch of the repo.

If you understand git then you can fetch a more recent version that was
just merged against trunk yesterday at
http://brianw.terrabox.com/OpenSim/OpenSim.git  as branch UTPBranch (or
was it UserTHreadPool, brain wonky before first coffee)

It replaces the thread per user creation with a dedicated threadpool.
Some people report one impression, others another, andit works "great"
for me personally. So more eyes on what it's doign to syetems would be
appreciated. :)