[Opensim-dev] for all the git fans out there - a git mirror of svn trunk

Dalien Talbot dalienta at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 23:40:14 UTC 2008

> Dalien, if you wanted to host this straight on opensimulator.org, we
> could set that up as well.  If people are using git we might as well
> make it easy for them (though I still prefer mercurial for distributed
> scm ;) ).

Sure - I think that could save a bit of bandwidth on syncing for me - since
I never mod the one that is the "mirror of SVN". As well, nothing prohibits
from having also a mercurial mirror of SVN - in our typical "respectful
chaos" fashion :)

if there's both of them installed on the opensimulator - and if the
contributions are in the individual dSCM repositories - then pushing them
into the main codebase should become much easier and scalable - and more
comfortable for the contributors (and as well, they can collaborate on the
"mini-projects" basis).

One thing I still did not figure out - I currently do a rebase on the
"internal" repository which is never modified which I then push to the
public repo which I announced above - I suspect there has to be a more
optimal solution.... nonetheless, if it is all on the same host, the only
difference is some 100M of space, so maybe it is not so important anyway :)

/d