[Opensim-dev] Search server DB schema

David Wendt JR. dcrkid at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 03:19:40 UTC 2008

Actually Lucene is Apache license. I forgot to specify that in the original message.

As for how to implement search, after reading your comments I'm imagining a sim owner being able to publish to any and all search servers they like. Then people can search from those providers anything from multiple OpenGrids. For in-client HTTP search, we can run modified viewers that let us connect to any search provider we've defined in Preferences. (Also hack in secondlife:// links to add search providers) All this leaves, is how to implement Old Search (if we want to)... honestly considering LL has been phasing this out anyway we might as well just skip it and work on HTTP search.

Also, I'm not sure but I think
 the HTTP search box URL is hardcoded in the client to LL's servers so we'll have to mod the viewer just to get that changeable.