[Opensim-dev] Idea for 100% smooth region crossing

Bri Ryan wwwench at dc.rr.com
Fri Dec 19 10:50:53 UTC 2008

If that 'soft handover' is in the realm of possible .. nice

Region crossing is my biggest to-be OpenSim nightmare, based on years sailing in SL, with 1000's of off worlds and an open for years JIRA on the subject.

However, here it can be the best or the worst imaginable.

The worst scenario would be Ms. Pixel sailing along in a dedicated quad region hooked on a multi-gigabit fiber connection and she crosses to a local celeron region connected to a South African DSL at 128 kbs on a good day. Almost forgot to get her assets from New York, another umteen hops away... Doesn't take an IT guru to predict that result.

However the best is available too..

Get the club to only use Cari type hosters and keep all crosses in the same rack. The only part of that I can't figure is what to do about that New York asset connection?