[Opensim-dev] Mantis#2816 patch and openid

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Sun Dec 14 22:11:15 UTC 2008

We have a patch to add an additional handler for openid into our login stream handlers, an openid.cs file and a .dll to support the beginnings of openid.

As I understand it, this is an optional login method, and as I also understand it, openid is quite common these days. It looks like our various gmail accounts are already openid's.

So, what are the advantages and disadvantages of adding some openid support into OpenSim.

Charles