[Opensim-dev] Always mutable assets in OpenSim -- does it make sense?

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Sun Dec 14 19:05:15 UTC 2008

This is not about mutable notecards. This is about one particular
case, attachment editing, and the desire to avoid thousands of dead
assets being created by a single long attachment editing session,
while at the same time not wanting to lose the work people have done
in a crash.
I never intended to have this mutate into a discussion on changing
the basic paradigm of immutable assets, but just to get one
exception to that rule in one case where it is safe to do so and
provides the most elegant solution for an otherwise tricky issue.

I am very unhappy that this got derailed into a discussion about
making all assets mutable. This is not what i intended.

I may be better off maintaining nice, clean, working attachment
persistence as a private patch.

Melanie