[Opensim-dev] question about avatar faces, hair, and skin/color

Ovi Chris Rouly maelzel at ieee.org
Fri Dec 12 23:55:09 UTC 2008

This is an OpenSim question about avatar faces, hair, and skin/color?

A week ago my multi-region, stand-alone OpenSim was fine.  Now,
my six avatars faces have become the same color as their hair and
the SL viewer's built-in "appearance" controls will not fix the problem.

Coincidentally, at the same time as when my avatars faces went off,
my six avatars clothing also became "baggy" and "too long" and the
SL Viewer's built-in "appearance" controls for clothing won't fix this
problem either.

This problem coincided with a test install of RealXtend Viewer.  But,
it may have been a coincidence.

The problem occurs in the moment when my custom skins and custom
hair are put on Ruth.

Background: I use the Bleeding Edge revisions.  Last week I installed
the RealXtend Viewer.  Then the problem was observed.  I installed the
Hippo Viewer... no change.  Unstalled SL Viewer... no change.
Dumped the RealXtend Viewer and the Hippo... no change.  Tried
cache dumps (religiously)... no change.  Went back to the quasi stable
0.6.0 revision... no change.  Downloaded new Nvidia drivers for my
9800 GTX+ ... no change.  Went to back-up copies of my dBs and
Region XMLs... no change.

Do you have any Suggestions?  Are these "Mantis-worthy?"  I can supply
a screen-drop to anyone interested.

Thanks