[Opensim-dev] Remote Services for Opensim added to forge

Impalah impalah at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 11:12:43 UTC 2008

Hi:

As I promised last week, I have uploaded the Remote Services project I was
worked on. Mainly is an evolution of Remote Admin plugin: commands are
separated in independent assemblies (Command factory + Command patterns) and
there is a common Facade for calling all the commands... only one XML-RPC
handler is created.

I am working in the user authentication (actually there is a dirty "magic"
password defined in Opensim.ini) and in some kind of god levels to
allow/deny command execution.

My intention with this project is to be able to control a full Opensim with
"some kind" of calls that could be easily implemented "for the public", that
is, for example, launched from a web page. At the same time I don't want to
access directly to Opensim databases (like opensimwi does, for example).

The project, svn source, releases, documents and everything (even 42) is
located here:

http://forge.opensimulator.org/gf/project/rservices/

The first "semi-commercial" application that will use Remote Services will
be launched next week: Henshin V (Autocad importer). I have yet a builder
(and texturizer) for Opensim (tested intensively last week).

Greetings

Impalah
50% of http://ai-designstudio.net