[Opensim-dev] An Open Letter to Open Source and OpenSim Communities

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Fri Dec 12 11:03:32 UTC 2008

> This means that our interactions with you will now be different. It> will be open and clear and everything you expect from a member of the> community in good standing.
Excellent news, in deed. If I may give a humbly piece of advice, the simplest way to make this actually happen is probably by heeding the two mottos of OpenSim;

"Code is King"
and
"Contribution is King"

ie, it's the _smart_ thing to do, to start seeing yourselves as part of the OpenSim community, suggesting betterments, sending in patches to core that makes sense and betters the platform, and allows you to do 'your thing' more easily.

OpenSim is, firstly, an _API_ - and we will always be open to better ways to support _application_developers_ like yourselves.

Best,/Stefan