[Opensim-dev] An Open Letter to Open Source and OpenSim Communities

Sean Dague sdague at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 12:32:14 UTC 2008

Ryan McDougall wrote:
> We will begin this new process in January and continuing until
> February of 2009, with a feasibility study. That process will conclude
> with a proposed road-map as a result, what will be able to take us
> through 2009 and beyond. The process will begin internally with
> RealXtend, in order to solidify a unifying core set of principles, but
> very soon move outward to include a call for proposals and comments
> from all of you. With a clear road-map and a successful consultation
> process, we are confident that we will birth an cross platform Open
> Source community that will be at the forefront of the 3D Virtual World
> revolution.
>
> We invite you to give your feedback by visiting the RealXtend website,
> trying out our software out, signing up for our mailing lists, or
> joining us on IRC.

On the client front, it is probably worth noting that there are 3 BSD
clean room open source clients out there now.  It might behoove you to
work with one or more of those teams instead of starting another new
one:
http://www.adamfrisby.com/blog/2008/12/the-state-of-open-viewers-december-08/

	-Sean

--