[Opensim-dev] future rexviewer merger

Ryan McDougall sempuki1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 20:37:06 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Melanie <melanie at t-data.com> wrote:
> In my opinion, nothing. Nothing, that is, that we could not get
> without ReX involvement, and better.
>
> I would like to see OpenSim do an OpenSim solution to the mesh and
> asset/inventory system. I don't feel comfortable with the ReX
> solution, and even less comfortable with the parts of it they may
> hold close to the chest and spring on us later. I expect some
> unpalatable bits there. I would rather see us grow to that level in
> a true collaborative Open Source, Free environment, without being
> under the control of a single corporation.

Which corporation is that? Do you know anything about legal or funding
structure of reX? Do you know any of us personally?

Its a lot to presume with little in the way of fact.

How about instead of playing games you just ask me and I'll tell you.
If I had the faintest idea what your concern is I'd pre-emptively tell
you...

> Melanie

Cheers,