[Opensim-dev] Opt-in Stats Reporting?

Teravus Ovares teravus at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 13:15:38 UTC 2008

Well,

For one thing, this used to happen on the console over UDP.   It doesn't
seem to anymore, that may be because of some code changes to hide it..   or
it may be because Linden moved them to caps.   There's a stats cap that
could be posted anywhere that the region provides the client that could be a
configuration option.   The downside is you'll have to parse the LLSD..
the upside is that an opensim region owner can opt in to this by placing the
URL that you give them as a configuration option, that the region will
provide the client to post their stats to.   It would also allow grids to
stipulate that sims must use a specific stats address if they want to be a
part of the grid so that the grid can aggregate the data and keep track of
quality of service.

So, I suggest a configurable option in OpenSim.ini with a CAP URI base that
the sim can provide to the client to post to a stats processor.

Best Regards

Teravus