[Opensim-dev] SOG/SOP

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Fri Aug 29 23:27:09 UTC 2008

As a data point, I am subclassing SOG. It works great, except for a few
minor glitches in SOG which could be fixed, including in the XML parts.
I'm also doing my own IClientAPI classes.

As context, I'm developing several simulation visualization modules,
e.g. traffic and scientific simulations. I'll put them in UCI's regions
in OSGrid within the next couple of weeks, if anyone is interested.

I'm coming to the conclusion that inworld scripting is cute but
ultimately limited by design -- even if the scripting engine was already
solid and on steroids. Plugging things in the server is infinitely more
powerful. So I am extremely interested in how this discussion about
SOG/SOP will  pan out.

I'm looking at OpenSim both as an API *and* as a server, and would like
to continue to do so. The API mode is for developing interesting
behaviors; the server mode is for rich user interaction.

Diva / Crista