[Opensim-dev] OpenSimulator 0.7 (was incorrectly 0.6) Roadmap

Michael Wright michaelwri22 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 21:33:47 UTC 2008

Actually I think its a very interesting thread, and I'm very interested in Dan's ideas for the real time animation. But I agree this isn't the right thread to talk about it in. But I don't think we should put any limits on there being other threads on this mailing list that talk about far future features.

Sean Dague <sdague at gmail.com> wrote: Michael Wright wrote:
> By opensim modules for the Rex client. I actually meant modules for opensim to support the extra features that the Rex client supports. As far as I know, Rex are working on converting the changes that they made to opensim server, for their custom features, into opensim region modules. So that support for the Rex client could be added to any opensim region by loading those modules.
>
> Sorry for the confusion.
>
> But yeah the ideal solution on the client front is a useable working non GPL client. Until we can add features/GUI's to a clien, while at the same time work on opensim. Custom features/applications are very difficult.

While agreed, I suggest we table that thread, as it is very likely to
drown out the main thread here, which is about goals and ideas for 0.7.

Things down the road are fine as well, but lets focus on 0.7 for now, as
by the time that's ready to release, who know what new client
modifications and/or new clients will be out there.

One step at a time... :)

 -Sean

--
Sean Dague / Neas Bade