[Opensim-dev] OpenSimulator 0.7 (was incorrectly 0.6) Roadmap

dan miller danbmil99 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 21:07:06 UTC 2008

> From: Michael Wright <michaelwri22 at yahoo.co.uk>

> +1000 to both of those but as you say, they need client side
> changes. And with slow progress on OpenViewer. Its hard to
> imagine when we could seriously think about them, outside of
> opensim modules for the Rex client (which I think work is
> progressing on) .

Argh, the GPL dragon rears its ugly head yet again...  can Rex allow non-GPL plug-ins when they derive their viewer from the Linden release?

I see now that momentum on non-Linden capabilities are tied directly to developing a non-GPL viewer (ie OpenViewer).  Maybe that's where I should spend my time, instead of constantly complaining about the licensing...  (part of the solution and all that)

-dan