[Opensim-dev] About OpenSim.exe command line options...

Dr Scofield DrScofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net
Wed Apr 30 18:28:01 UTC 2008

Olish Newman wrote:
> Hello !
>
> I am looking for more details about OpenSim.exe command line options
> since a moment and I coudn't find it on the OS wiki, unless I'm
> totally dumb :s
> ("-inifile", "-configfile", "-gridmode", "-physics", "-config" &
> "-noverbose").
>
> These command line options are given on this OS Wiki page :
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OpenSim_Configuration but nothing more
> detailed about them...
>
> Can someone tell me more about please ?
two i know about:

-background will cause OpenSim.exe to run without console
-inifile foo.ini will cause OpenSim.exe to use foo.ini instead of
OpenSim.ini as config file
-gridmode runs OpenSim in grid mode (as configured by the [network]
section of the config file)

ok, that was three. ;-)

    cheers,
    dr scofield

--
dr dirk husemann, mathmatics and computer science, ibm zurich research lab
SL: dr scofield ---- drscofield at xyzzyxyzzy.net ---- http://xyzzyxyzzy.net/