[Opensim-dev] Universal Avatar Question

Kyle Hamilton aerowolf at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 03:41:05 UTC 2008

Charles doesn't want to introduce code that opensim doesn't maintain,
because he's worried about the stability of the OSGrid, and he doesn't
want any fingerpointing to happen (opensim says "it's thirdlife's
fault!" and thirdlife says "it's opensim's fault!").  This happens a
LOT more than you might think, and in the meantime the userserver's
down, people can't log in, and OSgrid loses more and more credibility.

So, what I would like to know is this: What would the design of such a
"portable avatar" system be like?  How could opensim interact with
this system in a way that wouldn't require changes being applied from
multiple groups?

Do you have a mailing list for such development?  I would like to join.

-Kyle H