[Opensim-dev] DataSnapshot patch in Mantis

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Sun Apr 6 21:20:00 UTC 2008

Hi,

Yes, the module has been thought out as a generic facility for exposing
2D region data into the web. It can be used for other things, not just
the specific use I'm making of it with my Metaverse Ink hat. I'm glad to
see you saw the more fundamental thing going on here in spite of my
incomplete explanation.

I'm perfectly fine with other people changing it for the better, and I
could only hope that others see uses in it. Don't worry about changes
breaking my indexer here, I'll adjust rapidly. (And if it breaks
something really bad, I'll go and hunt the culprit, pin him down, and
beat him up like a red-haired step-child :-)

As I told Charles before, I'd be honored if the module goes into the
main distribution; I see this functionality of 2D data exposure as core
functionality for better integration with the existing web. But I'm an
outsider and don't know a lot about the context of the project.

Diva / Crista