[Opensim-dev] nhibernate progress, baby steps

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Apr 4 19:27:05 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 11:28:50AM -0500, Brian Wolfe wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 16:10 +0200, Impalah wrote:
> > Well, its learning curve maybe is higher at the beginning than a
> > "propietary" solution based only on SQL because we won't think in SQL,
> > we are working with objects.
>
> SQLMapper leaves the SQL generation up to the individual SQL drivers
> within it. I'm not terribly happy with the complex condition construct
> that I came up with. 8-( WIth a bit more work from alternatively
> thinking minds it could be made to be quite usefull as a generic
> lightweight mapper.

Everything starts of as a "lightweight" version of something out there
people are already using, and it grows.

Honestly, I'm going to stay focused on getting an nhibernate solution
that works for all the data we have today by the end of next week.  I
think on maintainability it is going to be a huge win.

     -Sean