[Opensim-dev] 3rd party libs and build system revisited

Tleiades tleiades at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 28 13:52:35 UTC 2007

A unified build system often means using the lowest common denominater.
Meaning that we loose all the benefits of an IDE.

 If the windows people are to help write code, they need VS projects. I
agree that prebuilt isn't the most advanced tool, but it does a decent job.
Why not arrange a set of subfolders for the platform specific binaries, and
provide a tool which will copy the correct version into the bin directory?

If a developer needs a specific platform, it will be his task to maintain
the correct version of the binaries in svn.

/tleiades