[Opensim-dev] interesting physics issue of the day

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Oct 29 15:13:18 UTC 2007

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 10:46:43AM -0400, Sean Dague wrote:
> I can file this as a mantis, but the fact that mantis email doesn't work
> is definitely making it's use problematic.
>
> I've got a 4x2 set of regions in 1 simulator.  I'm adding a flat
> terrain, then doing terrain add 20 on startup.  ODE still believes that
> flat earth is at 1m, and causes all avatars to fall into the ground when
> they join.

Follow up, the following trace ends up with an OpenSim crash:

ODE INTERNAL ERROR 1: assertion "(nMinX < nMaxX) || (nMinZ < nMaxZ)"
failed in dCollideHeightfield() [heightfield.cpp]
Stacktrace:

  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Ode.NET.d.Collide
  (intptr,intptr,int,Ode.NET.d/ContactGeom[],int) <0x00004>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Ode.NET.d.Collide
  (intptr,intptr,int,Ode.NET.d/ContactGeom[],int) <0xffffffff>
  at OpenSim.Region.Physics.OdePlugin.OdeScene.near
  (intptr,intptr,intptr) <0x0012a>
  at (wrapper native-to-managed)
  OpenSim.Region.Physics.OdePlugin.OdeScene.near (intptr,intptr,intptr)
  <0xffffffff>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Ode.NET.d.SpaceCollide2
  (intptr,intptr,intptr,Ode.NET.d/NearCallback) <0x00004>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Ode.NET.d.SpaceCollide2
  (intptr,intptr,intptr,Ode.NET.d/NearCallback) <0xffffffff>
  at OpenSim.Region.Physics.OdePlugin.OdeScene.collision_optimized ()
  <0x00074>
  at OpenSim.Region.Physics.OdePlugin.OdeScene.Simulate (single)
  <0x0078f>
  at OpenSim.Region.Environment.Scenes.Scene.UpdatePhysics (double)
  <0x00034>
  at OpenSim.Region.Environment.Scenes.Scene.Update () <0x0019c>
  at OpenSim.Region.Environment.Scenes.Scene.Heartbeat
  (object,System.EventArgs) <0x0000b>
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke)
  System.MulticastDelegate.invoke_void_object_ElapsedEventArgs
  (object,System.Timers.ElapsedEventArgs) <0xffffffff>
  at System.Timers.Timer.Callback (object) <0x002b5>
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke)
  System.MulticastDelegate.invoke_void_object (object) <0xffffffff>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) System.Object.runtime_invoke_void_object
  (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

    -Sean