[Opensim-dev] db4o removal

Aldon Hynes Aldon.Hynes at Orient-Lodge.com
Fri Oct 26 15:27:11 UTC 2007

I hear the concerns about it not being actively maintained.  However, some
of us running on funkier platforms don't have SQLite working and it would be
nice to have db40 support maintained as long as possible.

Lacking that, whould there be some sort of
"OpenSim.Framework.Data.Null.dll" that would be available for standalong
implementations?

My two cents.

Aldon

-----Original Message-----
From: opensim-dev-bounces at lists.berlios.de
[mailto:opensim-dev-bounces at lists.berlios.de]On Behalf Of Sean Dague
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 11:21 AM
To: opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de
Subject: [Opensim-dev] db4o removal

db4o stopped being used as a default for OpenSim by 0.4, and with all
the work going on in the tree around data storage, I think it makes a
lot of sense to just straight up remove all the db4o related code, as it
isn't actively maintained, and is just a way for a new user to hurt
themselves.

If there are objects, speak now.  Otherwise I'll do that purge this
weekend.

	-Sean