[Opensim-dev] Memleak in OpenSim?

Aldon Hynes Aldon.Hynes at Orient-Lodge.com
Fri Oct 5 21:17:09 UTC 2007

Ubuntu 7.04 aka Feisty, the most recent production version of Ubuntu
supports mono 1.2.3.1  That's the version that I run my Linux OpenSim
regions on.

Ubuntu 7.10, aka Gutsy which is in Beta and goes live in two weeks will
support mono 1.2.4

There are tips kicking around on how to install mono 1.2.5 onto ubuntu
boxes, but I suspect a lot of people don't do that.

So, I'm with /tleiades.  I think 1.2.3 is seen more than just rarely and
that it is likely to be around for at least a little bit longer.

Now, my windows boxes are all running 1.2.5, but that's a different story.

Aldon

-----Original Message-----
From: opensim-dev-bounces at lists.berlios.de
[mailto:opensim-dev-bounces at lists.berlios.de]On Behalf Of Tleiades
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 4:11 PM
To: opensim-dev at lists.berlios.de
Subject: Re: [Opensim-dev] Memleak in OpenSim?

> the best-availible for some users. Thankfully I think we can drop it now
> that 1.2.3 is rarely seen.
My system is indeed 1.2.3. So that explains the leak. I don't know if
"rarely seen", is correct, I am using Ubuntu, and the auto update system has
landed me on 1.2.3. It is my understanding - without being an expert on
Linux - that Ubuntu is quite common, and that most will rely on the auto
update system

/tleiades