[Opensim-dev] A small project

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 23 15:14:02 UTC 2007

Hi Charles,

Thanks for the instructions.  I see what you were talking about now - I
guess I don't do a whole lot of building so I hadn't come across this
feature before.

I've not done any analysis of this yet, but just from looking at console
messages I see the copy selection action triggers an
ObjectDuplicateOnRay packet which we are not yet handling.

[11-23 02:35:32] unhandled packet --- ObjectDuplicateOnRay ---
-- AgentData --
AgentID: a8d95e337a254e38b3bce78cf2012c6b
SessionID: dd85d81c378fd456eb8b550f15ee39fd
GroupID: 00000000000000000000000000000000
RayStart: <125.1083, 127.9084, 23.9508>
RayEnd: <184.4627, 140.0754, 3.672972>
BypassRaycast: False
RayEndIsIntersection: False
CopyCenters: True
CopyRotates: False
RayTargetID: 86395f6ee7b34997ab61dce3a49a3c79
DuplicateFlags: 0
-- ObjectData --
ObjectLocalID: 702001

I was halfway hoping that the client would simply work out all the
positions itself and send the server a sequence of ObjectAdd packets but
I see this is not the case.  From looking at this packet I imagine the
implementation will not be trivial.

I'm still happy to work on it but I may well do so over a longer period
while looking at other things inbetween.  I'll raise a feature in mantis
to keep track (if one doesn't already exist).

Regards,

Justin