[Opensim-dev] Some more thoughts on "Friendly teleports"

Dalien Talbot dalienta at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 20:59:13 UTC 2007

On Nov 11, 2007 6:33 PM, Aldon Hynes <Aldon.Hynes at orient-lodge.com> wrote:

> It seems like slurl is positioned to handle some of this.  Their format is

SLUrl is still the centralized entity. I've been doing some more
hacking on it this weekend...

some brainfart (actually a copypaste from the text file which is
within my working tree) is here:

 http://pastebin.ca/769845

basically - any arbitrary URL should be able to serve as a location,
in my opinion.

Take a look and let me know what do you think.

So far I went only as far as finishing the very first part (REST
request when URL is pasted into the map search) - the proverbial REST
"POST" issue seems to be giving me the troubles... Anyway would be
very interesting to know your thoughts on this approach...

My fundamental principle: there should be no any central point, which
could bring the entire thing down if it fails.

/d