[Opensim-dev] textures not reloading after cache clear

paul at triadalliance.com paul at triadalliance.com
Sun Nov 11 00:51:18 UTC 2007

I'm looking at the client texture console (DEBUG menu: CLIENT / CONSOLES / TEXTURE CONSOLE)  to try and get an idea of why textures aren't showing up after cache clear and relog. The texture console is explained here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Texture_Console

On Wright Plaza after clearing my cache and relogging, the texture console shows the following stats:

Fetch: 55/0. This number never changes. It looks as though the client is working constantly to fetch 55 textures from the sim, but is never getting them. The texture console only shows 'active' textures that need more data. My console stays full.

Discard(Requested discard): 5/5. It looks like the client is setting the discard level way too high at 5. To fetch a full detail texture, the discard level would be 0. Discard level 1 would be requesting a version of the texture that is only HALF as detailed as the full texture. So, discard level 5 would be requesting a texture that is only 1/16 of full detail? I don't know why the client would be trying to fetch textures with this low level of detail. Maybe the region is telling the client that those are the only texture levels that are available?

Texture UUID's: grey, which means that the textures are "not in the state machine." Because the discard level is too high? Or the sim just isn't sending them?

Texture STATE's: all say NET. I can find no indication of what that state means.

Does anyone else want to look at the texture console? There seems to be some good info there if we can decode it.