[Opensim-dev] [Opensim-commits] r2309 - trunk/OpenSim/Region/ClientStack

Teravus Ovares teravus at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 05:45:18 UTC 2007

One more item to note, I've exposed PhysicsActor.ThrottleUpdates, which,
when set to true, will cause physics to send out an update on whatever actor
every 2/3 world frames, vs every one until the prim comes to rest.  (terse
updates caused by physics are only sent out when there's a significant
update now, however, you can throttle it more by using the
PhysicsActor.ThrottleUpdates member.

At some point in the future, I might throw a parameter into the physics
update event..    for 'Must be Sent' vs 'it's okay to drop'.   The 'settled'
update from physics must be sent(or prim will stay in motion on the client),
while general movement can be dropped and not degrade the client experience
much.