[Opensim-dev] [Opensim-commits] r2309 - trunk/OpenSim/Region/ClientStack

Adam Frisby adam at gwala.net
Fri Nov 9 02:30:20 UTC 2007

Alright,

I've implemented a throttling scheme a little, here's how it works:

* In the central ClientLoop() in the UDP clientview it now checks to see
if the user is over a specified throttle limit, if it is, it will
requeue the outbound packet (I'm assuming PacketQueue is FILO)

* If we queued the last packet, and we are processing something like
that again, sleep 100ms to prevent a infinite spinlock.

In theory this should help out a little during high transfer periods.

Regards,

Adam