[Opensim-dev] Asset Server Rest Interface Roundup

Tleiades Hax tleiades at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 06:07:59 UTC 2007

> I would expect to use enumerate mostly for garbage collection (not that
> inventories ever get out of sync with the asset db) & external backup
> and object migration.

I think garbage collection eventually should be built into the asset server,
using either:

a) Reference counting - I don't think we can make that work reliably
b) Regular matchings between inventories+region content and asset server
content.

My thoughts on B, is that the problem could actually be reduced to "Regular
matchings between inventory content and asset server content". If a region
had an inventory, similar to the task inventory of objects, and the region
inventory, represented everything rezed inside the region, then garbage
collection of assets would be the "simple" task of matching asset id's in
inventory resp. asset server.

/tleiades