[Opensim-dev] Asset Server Rest Interface

Tleiades Hax tleiades at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 06:49:55 UTC 2007

> I'd really like to get this back into the URL itself like it was
> previously.  Typically params are not used in REST interfaces, with
> PATHINFO being the prefered mechanism.

<question>
I thought that REST used a mixture of paths and parameters, based on "what
makes sense in the current scenario",  how ever you define this.
</question>

Based on input from this thread I would suggest this interface

GET /assets/assetid/<value>
DELETE /assets/assetid/<value>
POST /assets/new             - asset server creates new asset
                                        - grabs asset it from the serialized
asset in the request body.

Changes from my first proposal:

PUT/UPDATE has been removed

The path now begins with the plural 'assets'.

assetid is a "sub-folder" under "assets", used to retrieve individual assets
by assetid.

/tleiades