Mantis Bug Tracker

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0008192opensim[REGION] Script Functionspublic2017-06-19 02:012017-06-27 13:39
Reporterdjphil 
Assigned To 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityalways
StatusnewResolutionopen 
PlatformPCOSWindowsOS VersionSeven
Product Versionmaster (dev code) 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary0008192: [MOAP] The characters "é è à â ä" of a notecard are not displayed correctly
DescriptionThe characters "é è à â ä" from a notecard display "é è à â ä"

Just read a notecard with "é è à â ä" and display the result on a moap.
llSetPrimMediaParams(0, [PRIM_MEDIA_CURRENT_URL, "data:text/html," + osGetNotecard("note")]);
TagsNo tags attached.
Git Revision or version number
Run Mode Grid (Multiple Regions per Sim)
Physics EngineubODE
Environment.NET / Windows32
Mono VersionNone
ViewerFirestorm
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
(0032082)
djphil (reporter)
2017-06-26 08:26
edited on: 2017-06-26 08:27

I tried to solve this problem by adding <meta charset = "UTF-8"> in the html code of the notecard.
Unfortunately it does not change anything.
The accent problem persists.

(0032087)
UbitUmarov (administrator)
2017-06-26 19:18

same thing happens you know where :)
putting the text directly on the command of course
(0032090)
djphil (reporter)
2017-06-27 03:12

I did not understand.

The text (+ html) and some {1}, {2}, {3} for use with osFormatString is in a notecard.
In this case the notecard content is a little bit more dynamic (not Gimp) :)
I can swith notcard to get different content or different presentation (styles)
(with external css include or javascript include).
Working with several different html notecard is easy and clean.

Why this problem with é, à, è ? A bug ?
(0032091)
UbitUmarov (administrator)
2017-06-27 10:01

ok.. use html coded like &eacute &aacute etc
http://www.ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm [^] for example
(0032092)
djphil (reporter)
2017-06-27 10:14

Haha, you reverse things ...
We need to write the notecard in a human language.
Not a machine language.
It is the machine that translates the language, not the human.
(0032093)
djphil (reporter)
2017-06-27 11:15
edited on: 2017-06-27 12:11

I search on my inventory a old function i have ... "str_remplace"

somethink like that: str_replace(text, "é", "&eacute");

But that's another problem.
This greatly increases the size of the string
Now, as we know the string is limited to 1024 bytes

edit: Ok, now i see where

(0032094)
UbitUmarov (administrator)
2017-06-27 13:39
edited on: 2017-06-27 13:44

I did not made html specs :p
and on that you are not writing a notecard but a html page
err and im not telling it is good or bad, just sharing my testing results.
and sure nor going to change code, that could end up breaking other things
for now at least.


- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2017-06-19 02:01 djphil New Issue
2017-06-26 08:26 djphil Note Added: 0032082
2017-06-26 08:26 djphil Note Edited: 0032082 View Revisions
2017-06-26 08:27 djphil Note Edited: 0032082 View Revisions
2017-06-26 19:18 UbitUmarov Note Added: 0032087
2017-06-27 03:12 djphil Note Added: 0032090
2017-06-27 10:01 UbitUmarov Note Added: 0032091
2017-06-27 10:14 djphil Note Added: 0032092
2017-06-27 11:15 djphil Note Added: 0032093
2017-06-27 11:17 djphil Note Edited: 0032093 View Revisions
2017-06-27 12:11 djphil Note Edited: 0032093 View Revisions
2017-06-27 13:39 UbitUmarov Note Added: 0032094
2017-06-27 13:41 UbitUmarov Note Edited: 0032094 View Revisions
2017-06-27 13:44 UbitUmarov Note Edited: 0032094 View Revisions


Copyright © 2000 - 2012 MantisBT Group
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker