|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2019-07-18 00:47 PDT|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap | Summary | My Account|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0008159||opensim||[REGION] OpenSim Core||public||2017-05-02 15:59||2017-05-23 11:14|
|Product Version||master (dev code)|
|Target Version||master (dev code)||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0008159: Permissions changes|
|Description||As many already know, we made major changes to permissions and rights to do things.|
This work is still going on, but master branch on Git seems now in a state where we can ask for your help on testing this changes.
Try it in regions and grids and/or with objects where permissions loss is not important or can be fix easy with god level.
specially DO NOT try on live commercial grids.
I should try to list changes but I will not.
I would fail and would risk focusing your attention on limited aspects.
a few notes however:
- parcel gods are gone. If you need make him/her Estate Manager also.
- object (root and parts) contents permissions do count more for global object permissions/rights. (next owner, group share, anyone) Be more careful with object deed to group, you may loss all rights.
- a very ugly hack was added to only use object anyone copy on old objects ( ignoring contents). New ones need to have it set on all contents. This should reduce problems with some freebies in worlds.
- group share now means almost full owner rights sharing with all the members of the object group. Be careful on what you are offering to group members.
- friend rights to modify our objects is also full owner rights sharing.
- group roles/abilities changes only have effect on next login of the member/members (like before).
- rezzer boxes, vending machines and alike maybe tricky
- HG had no change, it is affected by the effects of rest
- Export permission is at least as bad as before
- better stop here for now ;)
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Git Revision or version number|
|Run Mode||Standalone (1 Region) , Standalone (Multiple Regions) , Grid (1 Region per Sim) , Grid (Multiple Regions per Sim)|
Gezebu MindBlue (reporter)
edited on: 2017-05-02 22:10
This does not seem to have much relevance, but I started from the basics...
I created 3 boxes with the following permissions: C, CM, CMT.
To each of them add a copy of each item in the inventory: shape, skin, alpha, pants, notecards, script, object, mesh, etc.
And apply the same permissions to the contents as the boxes.
I transferred them to a second user account and apparently everything seems fine with the permissions, but ...
Some items with copy/modify/transfer permissions do not allow modify the name of the item in the inventory:
Shape, phisics, pants.
But... after dressing them, yes it is possible to modify the name and attributes in the costume or anatomy editor.
In the pic the items that is not ended the names with asdsasdasdasd have problems with the modify permisions in the inventory.
Later I'll continue to try things more interesting than this :S
- Firestorm 5.0.1 (52150) Dec 10 2016 19:08:56 (Firestorm-Releasex64)
- Mono JIT compiler version 4.4.2 (Stable 184.108.40.206/f72fe45 Tue Aug 2 08:14:37 UTC 2016)
-right to rename a prim contents items depends on the prim modify right.
- on avatar inventory you need modify rights also, this is a change back to 0.82 behavior.
Gezebu MindBlue (reporter)
|In this case the object and all contents are full perms, and the problem only comes with 3 types of assets: shape, phisics and pants (in the avatar inventory after open the object). All other types of assets do not present the problem. And all have the same permissions.|
|changed the copy/move from prim contents to avatars inventory rules|
Gezebu MindBlue (reporter)
ok, downloading ...
Trying to reproduce the aforementioned error, I realize that it is related to character encoding. The 3 items that were not possible to modify the name, carry accent mark in their names, when they are created in a viewer (firestorm, I do not prove others yet) with spanish language configuration. Shape = Anatomía, pants = pantalón, phisics = físicas.
Looks like you can not change the name when have accent mark. It is also not possible to put accent mark in the names of any object. Probably related to a viewer problem. No related.
Quote: "- object (root and parts) contents permissions do count more for global object permissions/rights. (next owner, group share, anyone) Be more careful with object deed to group, you may loss all rights."
This is not good. Things should at least go back to the previous owner.
yes, I did lost all rights on a few prims testing basic group owned perms at you know where...
holding me from changing deed to full preserve current owner permissions.
those could be change by sell to self if needed prior to deed
|Clear viewer caches before testing old objects with deed. Group owned information sent to viewers was broken till now|
|2017-05-02 15:59||UbitUmarov||New Issue|
|2017-05-02 17:02||UbitUmarov||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2017-05-02 17:04||UbitUmarov||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2017-05-02 21:54||Gezebu MindBlue||Note Added: 0031817|
|2017-05-02 22:10||Gezebu MindBlue||Note Edited: 0031817||View Revisions|
|2017-05-02 22:17||UbitUmarov||Note Added: 0031818|
|2017-05-02 22:33||Gezebu MindBlue||Note Added: 0031819|
|2017-05-03 08:07||UbitUmarov||Note Added: 0031821|
|2017-05-03 09:22||Gezebu MindBlue||Note Added: 0031822|
|2017-05-04 10:49||piusnoel||Note Added: 0031825|
|2017-05-04 12:02||UbitUmarov||Note Added: 0031826|
|2017-05-04 12:24||UbitUmarov||Note Added: 0031827|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2012 MantisBT Group|