|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2020-01-23 15:50 PST|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap | Summary | My Account|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0007674||opensim||[REGION] OpenSim Core||public||2015-08-07 15:39||2015-08-07 15:42|
|Product Version||master (dev code)|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0007674: Ground sit on normal terrain makes camera position drift forward, and then upon standing, the avatar move forward.|
|Description||Avatar sit command from directly behind the avatar, causes the camera to drift forwards away from the seated position. Upon standing the camera returns to the avatar which then continues forwards as if pressing the walk forward key.|
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Default camera view directly behind avatar.|
2. RIGHT CLICK the space between the name tag and head, and select SIT on normal terrain, not an object.
3. Avatar walks forwards about 8 meters, sits down and the camera and voice dot keep moving.
4. Click the STAND UP button and the avatar is drawn along, sometimes with a walking animation, but moving over or around any items in its way. It acts as if the walk forward button is pressed.
|Additional Information||You can rotate the camera around and it doesn't break the movement until you attempt to walk forward or backward.|
This appears to happen easiest on flat land, or with the avatar walking downhill to start with. The speed of the post-sit travel varies. If the angle of the sit deviates too much from directly ahead of the avatar, it doesn't happen and possibly affects the speed of the drift?
Bounding boxes appear to stretch during this phenomenon. Voice fades for spectators of the seated avatar, as the voice dot travels further from the visible avatar, although text chat continues to work normally for anyone near the avatar, and the travelling avatar (disconnected camera) can also text chat with those around their seated avatar.
Happens in Sim on a stick default instance, but upon standing, the avatar is stationary.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Git Revision or version number|
|Run Mode||Standalone (1 Region) , Standalone (Multiple Regions) , Grid (1 Region per Sim)|
|Viewer||Firestorm 4.6.9 (42974)|
|Attached Files||Mantis submission - Open Sim Ground Sit issue - bounding box image - 8-3-15.jpg [^] (480,644 bytes) 2015-08-07 15:39|
To me this looks like a compound bug:
- first, when the autopilot reaches the sit spot, it calls the ground sit function but does not reset the movement flag. This causes the avatar to act as if "forward" is still held.
- second, the sit function no longer sends an ObjectUpdate with a zero velocity, causing "dead reckoning". Since the avatar is sitting it doesn't move, but nameplate, voice dot and camera still do.
These two issues would cause exactly the observed behavior.
|2015-08-07 15:39||Krysss||New Issue|
|2015-08-07 15:39||Krysss||File Added: Mantis submission - Open Sim Ground Sit issue - bounding box image - 8-3-15.jpg|
|2015-08-07 15:42||melanie||Note Added: 0029123|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2012 MantisBT Group|