|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2019-01-22 03:34 PST|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap | Summary | My Account|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0006458||opensim||[REGION] Physics Engines||public||2012-12-11 21:46||2014-07-29 13:43|
|Assigned To||Mata Hari|
|Platform||Intel Core i7 930||OS||Windows||OS Version||Win 7|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||master (dev code)|
|Summary||0006458: Uploading an animation causes avatar physics to stop functioning until reloag|
|Description||I have tested this with both the Firestorm and Cool VL viewers (most recent "official" non-beta releases of each: Firestorm 4.3.1 (31155) OpenSim Release and Cool VL Viewer 1.26.4 (40) Nov 24 2012 Release) and encountered the identical problem so I suspect this is OS related rather than a viewer issue.|
If avatar physics are enabled on either viewer they will normally work more or less perfectly (i.e. the bouncing/swaying breast/belly/butt effects) however if I upload a new single animation (set to preview on the avatar) it seems to consistently -- though NOT always -- cause the physics to cease to work at all until I shut down the viewer and relog. This isn't a huge issue, but it's something of an annoyance.
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Log in to a sim using any viewer that supports avatar physics|
2. Ensure that avatar physics are enabled (preferences > graphics > advanced...)
3. Create and wear an avatar physics (clothing item)
4. Ensure that settings for the physics will display conveniently. Easy (exaggerated) way is to select a default Ruth avatar, then set Breast bounce to Max Effect 50, Spring 50, Gain 50, Dampening 10 and in Advanced settings set Breast Mass to 50 and Breast Drag to 50. This will cause the breast to bounce significantly with almost any up/down motion such as a jump.
5. Test by jumping and ensuring physics is easily visible.
6. Now upload any bvh animation file and preview it on the avatar. The problem seems to occur almost every time I upload an animation that I set to priority 4 and loop, though it will also happen with lower priority settings and/or with non-looped animations.
7. Now repeat step 5 using whatever action you did (like a jump) that successfully displayed the avatar physics effect.
|Additional Information||I have only tested this on Firestorm and Cool VL so if they happen to use the same engine to render avatar physics then it could be a viewer issue.|
I have only tested and encountered this doing single animation uploads (not sure if it's even possible to bulk upload a set of animations but most users wouldn't do so because of the need to set animation priority/loop/ease in/ease out parameters at the time of upload)
I have always had my animations set to preview on the avatar at time of upload so I cannot say if this issue occurs when not set to preview.
It seems to happen almost every time I upload an animation that I set to priority 4, although I *think* that I have successfully uploaded a few without triggering the problem. The same is true of setting the animation to loop.
This error occurs approximately 80% of the time for me (I've uploaded about 50-60 assorted animations and only managed to have working avatar physics after the upload on perhaps a dozen occasions...the other 40+ times I had to relog.
I encountered the same error prior to the current 0.7.5 OpenSim release but I've only recently begun to work on animations so it's only now that I've realized there's a consistency to when it stops working. I tried a search to see if anyone else had reported the issue but wasn't able to find any previous bugs related to this topic so perhaps it was caused by something introduced relatively recently to the code (or nobody noticed it before?!)
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Git Revision or version number||OpenSim 0.7.5 Dev OSgrid 0.7.5 (Dev) 583e441: 2012-12-04 (Win/.NET)|
|Run Mode||Grid (1 Region per Sim)|
|Environment||.NET / Windows32|
|Viewer||Firestorm and Cool VL|
Mata Hari (reporter)
|Hasn't happened to me in a long time I so assume this is fixed|
|2012-12-11 21:46||Mata Hari||New Issue|
|2014-04-01 12:03||Mata Hari||Note Added: 0025651|
|2014-04-01 12:03||Mata Hari||Status||new => resolved|
|2014-04-01 12:03||Mata Hari||Fixed in Version||=> master (dev code)|
|2014-04-01 12:03||Mata Hari||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2014-04-01 12:03||Mata Hari||Assigned To||=> Mata Hari|
|2014-07-29 13:43||chi11ken||Status||resolved => closed|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2012 MantisBT Group|