|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2020-01-23 11:27 PST|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap | Summary | My Account|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004803||opensim||[REGION] OpenSim Core||public||2010-06-26 09:11||2010-06-26 11:02|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0004803: Region console reports J2KDecode errors on 64 bit Windows|
|Description||I am experiencing the same decode errors on Windows Server as reported on Linux. I've read the fix for Linux and attempted the same on Windows to no avail. |
There is one small difference with the fix in place - when a client connects the error messages do not appear right away until an attept to modify the avatar image is made. Once the messages start they continue to show regardless of the appearance being changed or not. The problem is in the avatar hair - it is white. Even if a color and texture is added it quickly reverts to white again.
Without the fix in place the messages begin appearing immediately when the client connects.
I've tried to copy the libmetauniverse code, make the required changed as described in 0003318 and recompile myself, bit it makes no difference.
Is there a fix for this problem other than that described for Linux?
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Git Revision or version number|
|Run Mode||Standalone (1 Region)|
|Environment||.NET / Windows64|
i suspect this might be fixed in 0.6.9-post-fixes, but not in 0.6.9 branch, could you try changing over to post-fixes branch to test?
git clone git://opensimulator.org/git/opensim [^] opensim
git branch --track 0.6.9-post-fixes origin/0.6.9-post-fixes
git checkout 0.6.9-post-fixes
git reset --hard
git log -n 1 --pretty="format:%h: %ci" > bin/.version
edited on: 2010-06-26 11:28
I tried your suggestion - unfortunately it did not work. I still get the messages as soon as I try to alter appearance. I was using the Second Life client - it repeats the same message over and over again on the console with no affect on the client. I tried Hippo viewer with slightly different results - I still get the console messages, only the avatar's hair switches from white to textured then back again every few seconds...
A bit more information. I downloaded and installed the binary distribution to a Windows XP laptop with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor. This setup works fine - there is no issues at all. I took the same binary install and ran it on an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ with Windows Server 2003. The messages appear on the Windows Server 2003 machine. I've compiled the source using Microsoft c# 2008 Express. This will not run on either machine properly.
|2010-06-26 09:11||djones||New Issue|
|2010-06-26 09:11||djones||Git Revision||=>|
|2010-06-26 09:11||djones||SVN Revision||=> 0|
|2010-06-26 09:11||djones||Run Mode||=> Standalone (1 Region)|
|2010-06-26 09:11||djones||Physics Engine||=> ODE|
|2010-06-26 09:11||djones||Environment||=> .NET / Windows64|
|2010-06-26 09:11||djones||Mono Version||=> None|
|2010-06-26 09:17||nebadon||Note Added: 0015726|
|2010-06-26 11:02||djones||Note Added: 0015728|
|2010-06-26 11:28||djones||Note Edited: 0015728|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2012 MantisBT Group|