Chat log from the meeting on 2020-01-28

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search

[10:58] Gavin.Hird a fuction to convert Openmetaverse.UIID to Syste.Guid
[10:58] Gavin.Hird System.Guid
[10:59] Gavin.Hird there is no such cast / conversion available
[10:59] Gavin.Hird UUID even
[10:59] Gavin.Hird and System.Guid
[10:59] Ubit Umarov: UUID.Guid
[11:00] Ubit Umarov: or blabla.Guid
[11:00] Gavin.Hird have you tried it?
[11:00] Ubit Umarov: think we use that everywhere
[11:01] Ubit Umarov: like
[11:01] Ubit Umarov: Guid gg = part.ParentGroup.UUID.Guid;
[11:02] Gavin.Hird ok, let me check that after the meeting
[11:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Gavin, I thought you had started early. :)
[11:03] Gavin.Hird huh?
[11:03] Gavin.Hird and hi Andrew
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: It looked like you were already takling about OS related stuff.
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: :)
[11:04] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, George.
[11:04] Gavin.Hird I was
[11:04] George Equus: Hi Andrew
[11:04] George Equus: Evening all
[11:06] Andrew Hellershanks: Hello, everyone.
[11:06] Gavin.Hird Hi George
[11:07] Selby.Evans Ho George, Andrew
[11:07] Andrew Hellershanks: Looking at the OpenSim changelog I see some new OSSL functions were added this past week.
[11:08] George Equus: The grid perform remarkably well for me
[11:09] George Equus: My old graphics gave in so replace it with GeForce 1660 Super everything rez in 20 sec now  :)
[11:10] George Equus: All I need now is a new server.....
[11:11] Ubit Umarov: my net was bad.. was repaired yesterdar.. im back to 2mbps again
[11:12] Ubit Umarov: Largura de banda (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:
394 / 2.790
[11:12] Andrew Hellershanks: I had some cable outages yesterday because the cable company was attempting to track down a problem in the area where somebody in my neighbourhood has some equipment that is feeding signals in to the cable.
[11:12] Ubit Umarov: even that fast and
[11:12] Ubit Umarov: Erros de CRC (ativo/inativo):
382 / 159

Erros de HEC (Up/Down):
352 / 68
[11:12] Ubit Umarov: crc errors
[11:12] Ubit Umarov: bahh
[11:14] Ubit Umarov: old cooper cables and worse joints.. guess water did snick in some
[11:14] Ubit Umarov: but well yes a few changes on sits
[11:14] Ubit Umarov: and some ossl
[11:14] Ubit Umarov: remember waht stand does on this seats here?
[11:15] Ubit Umarov: ( my net dies or you did ? )
[11:15] Ubit Umarov: ..died..
[11:15] George Equus: Fortunate to have fiber all the way to apartment from ISP 3 km away
[11:16] Gavin.Hird no option to use a 4G connection?
[11:16] Ubit Umarov: bad rf signal on xG
[11:16] Gavin.Hird ok
[11:16] Ubit Umarov: even mobile voice fails
[11:16] Gavin.Hird ouch
[11:17] Gavin.Hird cannot be fixed by a proper antenna?
[11:17] Ubit Umarov: this ISPs now only care about large urban areas
[11:17] Ubit Umarov: and the rich part of those
[11:17] Ubit Umarov: well back to sits
[11:17] Ubit Umarov: seem me standing
[11:17] Ubit Umarov: saw it ?
[11:18] Gavin.Hird one operator here bought the old 400 Mhz and 800 Mhz bands on which they provide 4G type services
[11:18] Ubit Umarov: all analog tv bands where sold to mobile operators for 4G
[11:18] Ubit Umarov: that was the reason to end abnalog tv
[11:18] Andrew Hellershanks: I just swung my camera view around to your end of the bar, Ubit. I see you standing.
[11:18] Gavin.Hird they can do so with very few transmission towers and the signal gets everywhere
[11:18] Ubit Umarov: its where i did stand :p
[11:19] Andrew Hellershanks: No jumping up in to the air on stand.
[11:19] George Equus: Now you sit
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: i did reduce the jumps a bit also
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: but it is direction
[11:19] Ubit Umarov: only this has it :)
[11:20] George Equus: Nearly ended up standing on the bar when standing up
[11:20] Ubit Umarov: llSitTarget(POSITION, sitrot);
osSetStandTarget(<-0.7,0,0>); <--- new ossl
[11:20] George Equus: Just enough space to stand in front of stool
[11:21] Andrew Hellershanks: My chair must be too close to the bar. I wound up sort of standing on it when I stood up.
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: yeah normal default stand
[11:21] George Equus: On some region you sometimes get propelled high up in the sky on stand
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: i did add a function to set the feetposition on stand now
[11:21] Ubit Umarov: yes
[11:22] Ubit Umarov: that is why the jump was a bit high
[11:22] George Equus: suppose they use old software...
[11:22] Ubit Umarov: now it may happen again with bullet
[11:22] Ubit Umarov: ubode is lot more gently
[11:23] George Equus: is OK on my regions (ubODE)
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: well i did add
[11:23] Ubit Umarov: so we can control that a bit better on chairs, cars, etc
[11:24] Ubit Umarov: also did add
[11:24] Ubit Umarov: this allows to set the max distance a sit works
[11:24] Ubit Umarov: at sl its 10m fixed
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: for us is unlimited by defualt, currently
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: that also allows to totally disable the sit on the prim
[11:25] George Equus: yes lol can sit on very far away places
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: usefull to stop physics sits on some prims
[11:26] Ubit Umarov: well those 2 with the respective get pairs
[11:26] Ubit Umarov: and Link number variations
[11:26] George Equus: currently got 75 FPS here
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: yeach bill did not fixed the release notes here :)
[11:27] Gavin.Hird how often does your monitor refresh?
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: has the total list
[11:27] Andrew Hellershanks: I noticed the sit changes required DB migrations. That is something that needs to be documented.
[11:28] Ubit Umarov: have fun :p
[11:29] George Equus: 60Hz
[11:29] Ubit Umarov: the idea other apps can read the dbs directly is bad
[11:29] Gavin.Hird so 74 fps is pointless
[11:29] Gavin.Hird 75*
[11:29] Ubit Umarov: at least on some dbs with opensim own internal data
[11:29] George Equus: mmm
[11:30] Ubit Umarov: so document our dbs is .. bad idea actually
[11:30] Ubit Umarov: DBs are not part of any API
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: and we use several diferent db engines
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: so.. non sense
[11:31] Gavin.Hird best is to generate fps at the monitor refresh. newer viewers have code to trottle at 60 fps, or if that cannot be obtained 45, 30 and 15
[11:31] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm not talking about documenting what DB changes have been done. Just that there will be some DB migrations taking place when someone upgrades to the current version of code.
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: viwers throotle is basicly a sleep
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: can't be precise
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: specially on win
[11:32] George Equus: DELL P2714H on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Current Resolution 1920x1080 pixels
Work Resolution 1920x1080 pixels
Width 1920
Height 1080
BPP 32 bits per pixel
Frequency 60 Hz
[11:32] George Equus: 6 years old by now
[11:32] George Equus: and cloes
[11:32] George Equus: to 4 weeks  :)
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: but fs is kinda doing 60 for me now
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: throttled
[11:32] George Equus: Installed New years eve
[11:33] Ubit Umarov: any questions abotu those new ossl things?
[11:33] Gavin.Hird I have to try them
[11:33] Ubit Umarov: or the dbs documentation thing ?
[11:34] Gavin.Hird LL just Increment viewer version to 6.3.7
[11:35] Gavin.Hird after they started using git they mrege from all over the place, so each reelase is now a surprise
[11:35] Ubit Umarov: they did merge eep?
[11:35] Gavin.Hird before it was pretty predictable
[11:35] Andrew Hellershanks: Ubit, thank you for updating the wiki page with information on the new functions and including a note to say which release added.the functions.
[11:35] Gavin.Hird no, this is another maint release
[11:35] Gavin.Hird they they said the profile update would go next
[11:36] Ubit Umarov: well the eep brach is hard to spot on their git now
[11:36] Gavin.Hird actually they work in the hg repository and just push to git
[11:36] Ubit Umarov: yeach more api changes on profile bet.. more stupid http llSDxml
[11:36] Gavin.Hird mostly
[11:37] Gavin.Hird but as I said there are commits from all over the place
[11:37] Ubit Umarov: guess that will over soon.. bitbucket will kill hg
[11:37] Gavin.Hird end of May
[11:37] Gavin.Hird from feb 1 you cannot create new repositories
[11:37] Ubit Umarov: fs seems to just use diferent repos for diferent things
[11:38] Ubit Umarov: no idea why ll does not do that as did on HG
[11:38] Gavin.Hird and commit all kinds of curses ovr git :-)
[11:38] Gavin.Hird not sure
[11:38] Ubit Umarov: well guess they want to us VS git support now
[11:38] Gavin.Hird that one dev repository will grow large
[11:39] Gavin.Hird I have made local HG copies of just about everything
[11:42] George Equus: Question regarding elevator scripts - All I tested make movement very jerky, seen totally smooth operation and even realistic acceleration / deceleration on other grids but never on osgrid... script issue or grid code? Nuna Gallery on 3rd Rock Grid have a darn nice elevator.
[11:44] Andrew Hellershanks: George, my guess about the smoothly operating elevators is that the elevator cars are moved using KFM.
[11:44] Andrew Hellershanks: That is how I would do it.
[11:45] George Equus: So matter of how scripts are written and not depending on grid software then?
[11:45] Andrew Hellershanks: Right.
[11:46] George Equus: OK, so hunt for some modern scripts then  :)
[11:46] George Equus: Waht is KFM?
[11:46] George Equus: *what
[11:46] Ubit Umarov: no idea
[11:46] Andrew Hellershanks: Key Frame Motion.
[11:46] George Equus: OK...
[11:47] Ubit Umarov: there are many ways of doing elevators
[11:47] Ubit Umarov: so no idea
[11:47] Andrew Hellershanks: I've often seen scripts that provide jerky motion. They are usually written to use llSetPos and a timer to move the elevator car/platform.
[11:48] George Equus: All I know is they can be complex, at lest for a non programmer, to get to stop at right levels .. not including door operations. One set up cover 18 floors with varying levels.
[11:49] George Equus: works nice enough but jerky as all I have done
[11:49] Gavin.Hird they are not so easy in SL either
[11:50] Gavin.Hird I had elevators in my builds, and they always requirea lot of time to set up ans to maintain
[11:50] George Equus: The one on 3rd Rock is the first I have ever seen running perfectly smooth
[11:50] Andrew Hellershanks: If you know the distance between floors you can generate the KFM table needed to move between two floors.
[11:50] Andrew Hellershanks: It doesn't have to be hard-coded.
[11:51] Ubit Umarov: kfm may not be the best option
[11:51] Ubit Umarov: depends
[11:52] Gavin.Hird there is a group in SL: Union Micro Support - he had ecellent elevators, but I guess they are still close sourced even if not updated for years
[11:52] Andrew Hellershanks: George, have you ever seen the touring cars in SL used in the birthday celebrations regions? Those move smoothly. A few years ago I talked with the person who provided those vehicles and was told they used KFM.
[11:52] George Equus: the one on 3rd Rock is the first one I have seen moving perfectly smooth
[11:53] George Equus: Not been on Sl for ages, now I can't unless I update the viewer
[11:53] Andrew Hellershanks: ok
[11:53] George Equus: And if I do Im loose all video mp4 grrr
[11:53] Andrew Hellershanks: We are getting close to the top of the hour. I have one question.
[11:54] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm trying to compile a module for OS that includes a DLL file. When I compile the code I get an error message -> Invalid assembly public key
[11:54] George Equus: stupid decision governed by demands from LL, claiming mp4 is not free. bah!
[11:55] Andrew Hellershanks: I don't understand the error message. Does that mean I need to get the source for the DLL and compile it my self as well as the module that needs it?
[11:55] Ubit Umarov: mp4 is not free
[11:55] George Equus: It is
[11:55] Ubit Umarov: well it wasn't
[11:55] George Equus: for hoby users like us
[11:55] George Equus: I read up on it
[11:55] Gavin.Hird are you talking grid side?
[11:55] Ubit Umarov: most audio and video codecs are not free
[11:55] Selby.Evans I make and post MP4 -- pay nothing
[11:56] George Equus: trust me, it is free for non comercial use. So LL may need licence but Opensim certainly not
[11:56] Ubit Umarov: opensim has comercial uses
[11:56] Andrew Hellershanks: Define free. Free to use or free of patent restrictions.
[11:56] Gavin.Hird well, the commercial grids would then have to license it
[11:56] George Equus: And Firestorm removed capablility to render mp4 in later versions
[11:56] Ubit Umarov: but rendering is free
[11:56] Andrew Hellershanks: Gavin, I'm trying to build OS to include a third-party module.
[11:56] Ubit Umarov: encoding is not
[11:57] George Equus: Is same as for mp3
[11:57] Gavin.Hird ok Andrew
[11:57] George Equus: not free... but in reality it is anyway
[11:57] Grid: NOTICE: An update for this region has started a building!
[11:57] Selby.Evans I use OBS:
[11:57] Ubit Umarov: OOPS
[11:57] Ubit Umarov: i forgot that lol
[11:58] Ubit Umarov: just did a commit
[11:58] George Equus: Not up to Firestorm to decide, a matter of usage and where
[11:58] George Equus: IMHO
[11:58] Ubit Umarov: this region will auto restart :)
[11:58] Gavin.Hird and you can't kill it?
[11:58] Ubit Umarov: no
[11:58] Ubit Umarov: only bill can
[11:59] Ubit Umarov: i totally forgot that lol
[11:59] Selby.Evans time to quit anyway -- bye all
[11:59] Andrew Hellershanks: started a building? That should probably read "started building" or "started a build". :)
[11:59] Andrew Hellershanks: ok, tc Selby.
[11:59] Ubit Umarov: cya selby.Evans
[11:59] Gavin.Hird hehe
[12:00] George Equus: Ok thanks for discussion
[12:00] Gavin.Hird I wondered what kind of building it was
[12:00] George Equus: Better move out  :) Night all
[12:00] Andrew Hellershanks: yw, George.
[12:00] Andrew Hellershanks: ok. bye, George.
[12:00] Ubit Umarov: bahh rats leaving the sinking ship :p
[12:00] Gavin.Hird will it do a countdown or just suddenly restart?
[12:00] Andrew Hellershanks: Ubit, :)
[12:01] Grid: ***Region going down for a restart/update***
[12:01] Ubit Umarov: it will warn
[12:01] Grid: ***Region going down for a restart/update***
[12:01] Grid: ***NOT KIDDING EVACUATE NOW***
[12:01] Ubit Umarov: as it did NOW
[12:01] Ubit Umarov: lol
[12:01] Gavin.Hird but no time
[12:01] Andrew Hellershanks: Back to messing about with OS and this third-party module for me and my paid work.
[12:01] Gavin.Hird have fun
[12:01] Andrew Hellershanks: That will do it for this week. Thank you all for coming. See you again next week.

Personal tools
About This Wiki