Chat log from the meeting on 2018-12-18

From OpenSimulator

Revision as of 13:39, 18 December 2018 by Sheera Khan (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

[10:59] Kayaker Magic: Well, I had a great experience this week: I submitted a mantis on Sunday, and by Monday Ubit had fixed it and I was testing the fix on two of my regions!
[11:00] Kayaker Magic: I expect all my Mantusi to be fixed this fast in the future!
[11:02] Kayaker Magic: Leighton: I discovered the llCastRay bug that Ubit just fixed while I was writing code for my OpenSim Fest instalation. is there any hope that the OpenSim Fest grid can be update to the latest master before February?
[11:02] Leighton.Marjoram I would imagine so looks @ Bill
[11:02] Andrew.Hellershanks Welcome to the last OpenSim developer meeting for this year.
[11:04] Ubit Umarov: ohh it is the last ?
[11:04] Bill Blight: yep
[11:04] Bill Blight: next would be on Xmas
[11:04] Bill Blight: and after that on new years day
[11:04] Ubit Umarov: so what ?
[11:05] Bill Blight: so three weeks till the next
[11:05] Bill Blight: I'm with you on that ubit
[11:05] Andrew.Hellershanks This past week the machine used to host was changed to a new machine.
[11:05] Bill Blight: meet you here next week
[11:05] Bill Blight: LOL
[11:05] Leighton.Marjoram I saw that Andrew
[11:06] Bill Blight: it is a bit more peppy
[11:06] Andrew.Hellershanks Between that and a busy week for me I have not made the additional updates to the OSSL pages in the wiki.
[11:06] Kayaker Magic: The "one" machine? Aren't there several severs? many robusts, doing assets, logins, etc..
[11:07] Kayaker Magic: Oh you mean just the WEB page.
[11:07] Bill Blight: he is talking about, Kay, not osgrid
[11:08] Bill Blight: osgrid has it's own servers
[11:08] unregi Resident: isn't the server that runs also the server that runs the git repo?
[11:08] Bill Blight: so the opesimulator , wiki, mantis, and build server got a new home
[11:08] Bill Blight: yep unregi
[11:09] unregi Resident: ah, nice
[11:14] Ubit Umarov: well back to opensim issues
[11:14] Ubit Umarov: any ?
[11:14] Kayaker Magic: I've been pushing the limits on sitting avatars again... I will have some mantusi about that soon.
[11:14] Carious.Lordhunter dead silence.....
[11:15] Kayaker Magic: I can sit multiple avatars on one prim now, but llSitTarget doesn't work right on the second and later avatars....
[11:15] Gavin.Hird I have not had time to test anything new while finishing the Bento merge for the non RLV viewer
[11:16] Kayaker Magic: Oh, and I'm using YEngine in all my testing now, and having very few problems. I forgot I was using YEngine until it crashed on me once....
[11:16] Bill Blight: there are still some syntax gotchas in Yengine but not many
[11:17] Gavin.Hird RLV is plaing difficult, so will take a few more days to complete in between the run-up to Christmas
[11:18] Andrew.Hellershanks If not before the new year I can look at YEngine.
[11:20] unregi Resident: didn't know that it's possible to sit multiple avis on one prim in the first place ^^
[11:20] Kayaker Magic: It was possible in SL years ago.
[11:21] Bill Blight: can do it without scripts with ubODE
[11:21] Kayaker Magic: It is tricky, and the documentation does not tell you enough....
[11:21] unregi Resident: and llSitTarget is then the same for all of them? Wouldn't they sit within each other?
[11:21] Kayaker Magic: You can call lLSitTarget between each sit and the next guy lands somewhere else.
[11:22] Kayaker Magic: Control events appear to come from the last guy requested.
[11:23] Kayaker Magic: Since llSitTarget is acting strange anyway, the best approach is to move the avatar to the desired position immediately after they sit.
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: llSitTarget is not acting strange
[11:25] Ubit Umarov: llSitTarget was made strange :p
[11:25] Kayaker Magic: I can make it strange, and will submit a Mantis that demonstrates it.
[11:26] Ubit Umarov: i said.. was made strange :p
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: and we have 2 versions actually
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: that differ on the odd offset handling
[11:27] Ubit Umarov: we are using the legacy one by default,
[11:27] Kayaker Magic: I'm over the odd offset handling.
[11:28] Ubit Umarov: to not have another sits calamity we had a few yrs ago
[11:28] Ubit Umarov: bf doing a mantis check sl if you can :p
[11:28] Ubit Umarov: it its about rotations
[11:29] Ubit Umarov: about rotations, first review what euler angles are
[11:29] Ubit Umarov: ( talking about that complain about rotations we had on email ? )
[11:30] Kayaker Magic: Yeah, llSitTarget uses a different orientation than anything else. Local prim relative instead of root prim local instead of region global
[11:30] Ubit Umarov: and keep in mind we do use ZYX convention as SL on those
[11:30] Ubit Umarov: it is suposed to use local
[11:30] Ubit Umarov: and it is like others
[11:30] Andrew.Hellershanks ZYX?
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: yes andrew
[11:31] Kayaker Magic: rotations do Z calculation first, X last.
[11:31] Andrew.Hellershanks Oh, you are talking about order of operations.
[11:31] Ubit Umarov: that is a typical cause of confusing
[11:32] Ubit Umarov: ( and we are inclined to do x y z )
[11:32] unregi Resident: euler rotation depends on the order you do it
[11:34] Ubit Umarov: abut that mantis, kayker, usefull the new options ?
[11:35] Kayaker Magic: Oh yes! Good idea! Do those constants work with the viewer LSL editor?
[11:35] Ubit Umarov: how do i know ? :p
[11:35] Andrew.Hellershanks I don't think either of you have mentioned the number of the mantis to which you are referring.
[11:35] Ubit Umarov: work on viewers :)
[11:35] unregi Resident: if you have multiple avatars sitting on a prim llAvatarOnSitTarget( ) will return just the UUID of the last one?
[11:36] Bill Blight:
[11:36] Ubit Umarov: you are suposed to have only one per sittarget
[11:36] Andrew Hellershanks: Good to have it mentioned in the log for anyone reading this who wants to look it up.
[11:36] Kayaker Magic: I ended up counting sitting avatars and keeping lists of them so I know when someone arrives or leaves.
[11:37] Ubit Umarov: avatar are also counted as child prims
[11:37] Ubit Umarov: several funcs to work with that
[11:39] Kayaker Magic: Ubit: does reporting YEngine errors like Mantis 8428 tell you anything useful?
[11:40] Ubit Umarov: uff had not seen that
[11:40] Bill Blight: to me it looks like it tried to stop the animation of a avatar it no longer has a uuid for ..
[11:41] Ubit Umarov: well guess not Y specific
[11:41] Kayaker Magic: It only happened once out of many unsits....
[11:41] Ubit Umarov: the avatar was there ?
[11:42] Ubit Umarov: or did tp out ?
[11:42] Kayaker Magic: Yeah, just unsat and fell to the ground
[11:42] Andrew Hellershanks: The log says "Script must be Reset to re-enable" which makes it sound like a script error.
[11:42] Bill Blight: if you are doing it by list, is the list clearing to fast before the stop animation fires?
[11:43] Andrew Hellershanks: It could be a race condition.
[11:43] Kayaker Magic: Actually, I'm not calling llStopAnimation, I'm depending on the auto-stop.
[11:43] Ubit Umarov: at OpenSim.Region.ScriptEngine.Shared.Api.LSL_Api.llStopAnimation you are :p
[11:44] Kayaker Magic: I don't call llStopAnimation because it asks me for permission again, since the avatar is no longer sitting by the time I am told about it.
[11:44] Ubit Umarov: well you did call it
[11:45] Bill Blight: are you calling on unsit?
[11:45] Andrew Hellershanks: right
[11:45] Ubit Umarov: and seems standard stand
[11:45] Bill Blight: that may fire to stop the animation
[11:45] Ubit Umarov: so guess something else going on
[11:46] unregi Resident: is your walker rezzing from the inventory of another prim?
[11:46] Kayaker Magic: I'm not calling llUnSit, and I don't bother calling llStopAnimation when the avatar unsits himself...
[11:46] Ubit Umarov: bc animations state of avatar, gone
[11:46] Ubit Umarov: kay LOOK to what you did paste
[11:47] Andrew Hellershanks: What function are you using to unsit the avatar or did the avatar just click the button to stand?
[11:47] Kayaker Magic: Avatar used stand
[11:47] Andrew Hellershanks: ok
[11:47] Ubit Umarov: stand that triggered change that did stopanimation
[11:48] unregi Resident: if it is rezzing from another prim, or an attachment, and it the Region was on XEngine before..... welcome to my world
[11:48] Ubit Umarov: bc you are not filtering out non standard change masks opensim did add
[11:48] Bill Blight: do you have a change in the script for firing animations of sitting avatars. or getting the list of avatars?
[11:49] unregi Resident: got many weird errors, but Ubit fixed it, now its fine
[11:49] Ubit Umarov: well don't know
[11:49] unregi Resident: i hope...
[11:49] Andrew Hellershanks: Bill, I was also just thinking about the change() handler.
[11:49] Ubit Umarov: need a test case that does repo the issue :(
[11:49] unregi Resident: was never able to reproduce it, it was just random
[11:50] Kayaker Magic: Yup, I'll repo the issue and submit a mantis. It may require sitting two avatars and standing one of them up....
[11:50] Ubit Umarov: i just did stand :)
[11:50] Andrew Hellershanks: If it could happen with an NPC you could script a sit and stand to see if the error can be triggered.
[11:50] Bill Blight: sounds like the change event is firing something out of order
[11:51] unregi Resident: never happened again after i applied your changes.... but i stopped restarting our sim so often, because i got tired of things breaking.... it could be that its still there and i got just lucky
[11:52] Ubit Umarov: changes on Y because state files changes?
[11:52] Andrew Hellershanks: Kayaker, You have a very big catchers mitt?  ;)
[11:52] unregi Resident: yes
[11:54] unregi Resident: did anybody look into how LL is doing their bake-on-mesh?
[11:54] Andrew Hellershanks: Are you having a problem with it, unregi?
[11:55] unregi Resident: nah, its still beta in SL... was just wondering how hard it would be to implement it in OpenSim once they release it
[11:56] Andrew Hellershanks: unregi, That sounds like another project for the new year.
[11:57] Bill Blight: This time of year should be more about baking cookies than baking textures ... :P
[11:57] Andrew Hellershanks: :)
[11:57] unregi Resident: lol
[11:57] unregi Resident: yes
[11:57] Leighton.Marjoram lol
[11:57] Bernd.Steinhardt hi hi
[11:58] Andrew Hellershanks: Any other last minute topics before we wrap up this final meeting for the year?
[11:59] Bill Blight: I would like to extend an official inventation to the Core Devs to come and have a booth at OpenSim Fest, but even if core should not wish to officially represent there, I plan on building a "History of Opensimulator" display.
[11:59] Andrew Hellershanks: Is that a virtual conference, or RL one?
[11:59] Leighton.Marjoram its a virtual festival
[11:59] Andrew Hellershanks: Do you have the URL for the conference web site?
[11:59] Leighton.Marjoram
[12:00] Andrew Hellershanks: Thank you, Leighton.

Personal tools
About This Wiki