Chat log from the meeting on 2015-09-01

From OpenSimulator

Jump to: navigation, search
[11:03] Simulator Version v0.5 ruft: OpenSim Dev        1dae36f: 2015-08-23 15:31:25 -0700 (Unix/Mono)
[11:08] Alicia.Raven im good, been busy, hows the webgl going neb?
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: just a heads up the Hypergrid Safari group is traveling to Divas region tomorrow
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: to talk aout OnLook viewer with her
[11:09] Nebadon Izumi: open to all
[11:10] Aine.Caoimhe I've had a couple people mention to me recently about items they have rezzed in a region subsequently disappearing from it after a restart. I've never experienced this myself but I wondered if anyone else has and/or if you can think of how that can happen when the sim wasn't shut down (or wasn't restarted until much later, after many persistence cycles)
[11:10] Marcus Llewellyn smiles. :)
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: many reasons tha could happen
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: for one how are they restarting
[11:10] Nebadon Izumi: always type backup on the console before restating
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: if you just stop a simulator ther is potential for loss
[11:11] Alicia.Raven i add backup to the shutdown script just to be sure
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: typing shutdwn should also trigger abackup
[11:11] Aine.Caoimhe nods
[11:11] Aine.Caoimhe they may not be doing that
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: justin always got mad at me cause I do ctl+c
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: but as long as you type backup first
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: and wait for prompt to return
[11:11] Aine.Caoimhe but if the item was dropped on the sim hours before the shut down, it *should* have long since been persisted
[11:11] Nebadon Izumi: ctrl+c is fine
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: well
[11:12] Richardus.Raymaker But ctrl-c = kill in linux is so stupid implementation. it still wuld bite me
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: that can be a result of packet loss
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: the simulator not getting signal
[11:12] Richardus.Raymaker ctrl-c is the same is shooting bullet at yourself
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: so you can see objects in your viewer that the simulator never got the mesage about
[11:12] Aine.Caoimhe gotcha
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: when you relog they go bye bye
[11:12] Nebadon Izumi: that would be my first guess
[11:12] OtakuMegane Desu: Well for some reason there's never been anything except shutdown (and removing from grid) ever implemented. Never knew why.
[11:13] Aine.Caoimhe does shut down (console command) automatically persist before shutting down? (and if not, why not?)
[11:13] Nebadon Izumi: ya I think mostly the only time that is a problem is big open grids like osgrid
[11:13] Richardus.Raymaker It's time the implement the correct maptile behavior. shutdown = shutdown. but robust not remove the maptiles. so you keep dead tiles on map
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: if you control the entire grid then its less of a problem
[11:14] Nebadon Izumi: maptile generation is expensive too though
[11:14] OtakuMegane Desu: In any case there should be a separate command or even just a parameter that safely stops the simulator but doesn't remove it from the grid or anything like that.
[11:14] OtakuMegane Desu: If there was, nobody would be doing ctrl-c
[11:15] OtakuMegane Desu: UNless something was already broken of course
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: yea I argued that a few times myself OtakuMegane
[11:15] Nebadon Izumi: never could convince anyone :)
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: incase you are not watching Git logs or IRC channel
[11:16] Nebadon Izumi: diva has been moving physics engines into region modules
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: currently in a seperate branch
[11:17] Marcus Llewellyn: That's exciting. :) That sort of refactoring is what OpenSim needs to move forward.
[11:17] OtakuMegane Desu: Makes sense
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: I tested it last night going well so far
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: no functional change to physics
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: just how opensimulator loads the engines is all
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi:
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: I made that video last night testing :)
[11:17] Nebadon Izumi: not sure its dramatic enough though :)
[11:20] Marcus Llewellyn: Well, from an end user POV, it shouldn't be any different.
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: yea
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: not yet anyway :)
[11:20] Nebadon Izumi: hopefully it opens the door to more physics modules / addons
[11:20] Marcus Llewellyn: Hopefully MOSES will elect to make use of it for their PhsyX implementation.
[11:22] Andrew Hellershanks: I've also seen a problem where maptiles stay on the map for regions that have been moved. I usually find it difficult to get them to go away.
[11:22] Richardus.Raymaker aha nice
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: matile generation is not as straight forward as just a jpg
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: the way zoomlevel works
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: Roubust is blending various tiles together
[11:23] Nebadon Izumi: to make new tiles for the various zoom levels
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: generally in maps like google maps etc. land doesnt just up and disappear
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:24] Alicia.Raven have u checked the cache is cleared?
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: its not a simulator cache issue
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: the problem is
[11:24] Alicia.Raven robust maptile cache i mean
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: if you dont restart all th regions around that simulator
[11:24] Nebadon Izumi: after its gone
[11:25] Alicia.Raven the zoom levels are hard to clear with out deleting the lot
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: that region will continue to appear
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: thats why osgrid just cant clean it up
[11:25] Richardus.Raymaker clear cahc edont work with maptiles. it's the robust maptile cache
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: without totally wiping out big sections of the map for perids of time
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: it requires making eryone restart everytime we clean
[11:25] Nebadon Izumi: its not sustainable really
[11:25] Alicia.Raven robust bin, maptiles directory
[11:25] Licu.Rau so to create the map robust does nolook at the regions registered in grid?
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: there we go:)
[11:26] Nebadon Izumi: oh no its back lol
[11:29] Licu.Rau I was asking: why does not robust check the regions registered in grid before creating the map?
[11:29] Richardus.Raymaker why does robust not remove it when it's getting a shutdown command from region ?
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: because
[11:29] Alicia.Raven licu, the zoom levels have many regions per image at distant zooms, it would be too much work to rebuild every time a region came on or off
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: other regions use te tile you sent
[11:29] Nebadon Izumi: to generate their own tiles
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: for the various zoom level
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: it goes like this
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: zoom level 0 is single region
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: your region only tile
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: level 1 is 9 regions or something
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: its you and neighbor regions combined
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: into a single region
[11:30] Richardus.Raymaker then the robust database need to ignore some maptiles when the region is not in the database
[11:30] Nebadon Izumi: robust generates this tile from data it has
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: but its trigered by the simulator
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: so if i purged my region
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: and all the neighbors dont restart
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: my region will still show on the map partially
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: at different zoom levels
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: ts annoying
[11:31] Richardus.Raymaker yup.
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: unfortunately it was desined with a closed grid in mind
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: like SL
[11:31] Richardus.Raymaker but also without neighborns
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: with a landscape that doesnt change often
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: even in SL though
[11:31] Nebadon Izumi: maptiles take weeks to update sometimes
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: in a grid where the gridop controls everything
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: its easier to keep ma clean
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: in OSgrid its nearly impossible
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: id have to completely purge the entire map
[11:32] Nebadon Izumi: and force everyone to restart
[11:32] Marcus Llewellyn: I'd like to see that attempted. >:)
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: ya hence the dilema
[11:33] Licu.Rau so at themaximum zoom you see the real situation?
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: that would give you the clearest snapshop
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: but again not 100% perfect either
[11:33] Nebadon Izumi: snapshot*
[11:33] Licu.Rau got it
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: the osgrid webmap
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: should also be pretty good
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: better than inworld
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: but also takes a week or two to clean up
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: if i did cleanup more than every week or two
[11:34] Nebadon Izumi: the map would be empty most of the time
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: even the cleanup i do now
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: could force long running stable regions to restart
[11:35] Dahlia Trimble: maptiles should be made by a bot so if a region can't be visited, it doesn't appear on the map
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: or loose thier tile
[11:35] OtakuMegane Desu: Only issue with web map, it doesn't render vars properly, which is becoming more an issue now
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: so its not a perfect solution either
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: yes
[11:35] Nebadon Izumi: the downside of the webmap
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: and ya Dahlia I think thats how LL does it in SL
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: they crawl the grid with a custom viewer
[11:36] Nebadon Izumi: that contstantly moves around the grid rendering tiles
[11:37] OtakuMegane Desu: That. ^
[11:37] OtakuMegane Desu: I remember from times I messed with creating maptile art
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: but even that takes tme
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: in large grids
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: it may have improved over time
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: but I remember taking weeks for my region maptie to update
[11:37] Nebadon Izumi: in SL
[11:38] OtakuMegane Desu: Yeah. Years ago it could be weeks between a sim's tile update. It dropped to a couple days last I checked but dunno what it's like now.
[11:38] Dahlia Trimble: maptile bot:
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: is this the raytrace one?
[11:38] Nebadon Izumi: you showed images in irc?
[11:39] Dahlia Trimble: only renders standard sized regions currently
[11:39] Dahlia Trimble: ya the raytraced one
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: cool, good start
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: im not sure i have any normal size regions to test with
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: lol
[11:39] Nebadon Izumi: plazas i guess
[11:39] Marcus Llewellyn: I sunbathe in my region in the altogether. Will that maptile bot respect my privacy? >:)
[11:39] Dahlia Trimble: patches welcome ;)
[11:39] Andrew Hellershanks: What would it take to be able to send out info to Robust and/or viewers to clear/update their map tile caches to get rid of tile images for regions that don't exist any more or which have moved.
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: andrew not that simnple
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: OSgrid has a crontask
[11:40] Richardus.Raymaker Marcus, it's only a drone.... with camera :P
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: that clears old tiles
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: but if no one restarts
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: the new tiles never get generated
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: i know mysself i have gone 60-90-120 days
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: without restarting regions here on osgrid sometimes
[11:40] Nebadon Izumi: i have 1 oe 2 i constanty update
[11:40] Dahlia Trimble: Ive gone over a year
[11:41] Andrew Hellershanks: Dahlia, nice. Does it handle mesh?
[11:41] Dahlia Trimble: yes
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: you have a sample image link still dahlia?
[11:41] Nebadon Izumi: of what it genrates
[11:41] OtakuMegane Desu: Regions can hold up a long time now. Not like long ago when keeping an empty region up for a week was a miracle. :)
[11:42] Andrew Hellershanks: yeah
[11:42] Dahlia Trimble: have one now at 189 days
[11:44] OtakuMegane Desu: I don't tend to restart regions unless they crashed or are being CPU hogs for some reason.
[11:44] OtakuMegane Desu: And updates of course.
[11:44] Marcus Llewellyn: I update from git on a quasi-regular basis. But I have had simulators running for months in the past.
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: yea even my large encitra models
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: go 6+ months sometimes
[11:44] Dahlia Trimble: I can update all my regions at once and I usually do
[11:44] Nebadon Izumi: and we beat the hell out of them building
[11:46] Kayaker Magic: What is Arcadia's Wire Recorder, and why am I seeing script errors from it?
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: no idea
[11:46] Sheera.Khan I got that too some minutes ago
[11:46] Nebadon Izumi: im not seeing errors
[11:47] Marcus Llewellyn: I had it popup earlier.
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: I have seen times where only people running FIrestorm see script errors
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: but no one else sees it
[11:47] Kayaker Magic: I'm on FireStorm
[11:47] Marcus Llewellyn: Ditto.
[11:47] Sheera.Khan Me too
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: ya I think its a firestorm thing
[11:47] Nebadon Izumi: not sure if its bug or what
[11:48] Sheera.Khan but it seems to be broadcasted to all of us ...
[11:48] Marcus Llewellyn: Yeah, doesn't seem like i should be seing other people's script errors.
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: yea very odd
[11:48] Sheera.Khan just some viewers ignore it
[11:48] Alicia.Raven i think FS sends errors to everyone but sing only sends them to the script owner
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: we would need a viewer dev to investiage where its breaking down
[11:48] Nebadon Izumi: man i can not type today :)
[11:50] Sheera.Khan and lots of "unable to fetch profile data"
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: that is a known problem
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: because osgrid is not running v2 profiles
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: we run osprofiles still
[11:51] Nebadon Izumi: osprofiles and v2 profiles do not speak well with each other
[11:51] Marcus Llewellyn: Any soft plans for a migration to v2 profiles?
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: I havent heard any I personally have not had the time to think about it
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: would be good though
[11:52] Nebadon Izumi: I think it should be posible to migrate
[11:53] Licu.Rau we also use osprofile
[11:53] Marcus Llewellyn: I *think* the table rows just have a slightly different order/name. So shouldn't be hard. In theory. ;)
[11:53] Licu.Rau we didnt change because there are always bigger problems :)
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: however im not sure if maybe its better to fix osprofiles too or not
[11:53] Andrew Hellershanks: stupid effing viewer crashed again when I switched workspaces. That is such a major pita.
[11:53] Nebadon Izumi: wb Andrew
[11:54] Andrew Hellershanks: ty
[11:54] Marcus Llewellyn shakes an angry fist in the air!
[11:54] Dahlia Trimble: wb
[11:54] Sheera.Khan WBchen :-)
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: we were just talking about the osprofile and v2 profile incompatibility
[11:54] Aine.Caoimhe would seem to make some sense for OSG to be running as close to "core" as it can if it's being used as a test of core...
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: yes I just worry abou having to launch another 5 robust consoles too
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: to handle profile requests
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: we already have 12 robust consoles
[11:54] Aine.Caoimhe obviously sheer size makes it not feasible in a few areas
[11:54] Andrew Hellershanks: oh, ok. My viewer would pick that time to crash.
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: or 13
[11:54] Nebadon Izumi: something likethat
[11:55] Licu.Rau we have 12 robust console too :)
[11:55] Andrew Hellershanks: I haven't looked at v2 profiles. How close are the two in db structure?
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: not sure
[11:55] Aine.Caoimhe for those plagues with the "user profiles" messages, just let them pile up and then later right-click and "clear all" to save yourself from having to close them all 1 by 1
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: fairly close I think
[11:55] Nebadon Izumi: its not 1:1 though
[11:55] Sheera.Khan There'll be a chatlog in some minutes though ...
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: oh you get a popup in firstorm?
[11:56] Aine.Caoimhe yeah
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: ah that sucks
[11:56] Sheera.Khan yes we do
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: that doesnt happen in replex
[11:56] Andrew Hellershanks: What was the issue that raised the topic of the profile db structre?
[11:56] Aine.Caoimhe at Close Encounter parties it will go to 99+ in the floater counter :p
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: uhg
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: I didnt know that
[11:56] Aine.Caoimhe it's a major PITA for visitors
[11:56] Nebadon Izumi: i so rarely use firstorm
[11:56] Aine.Caoimhe but at least you can clear them all at once
[11:57] Nebadon Izumi: i only use it to record machinima
[11:57] Aine.Caoimhe of course if you TP into a region with 50 avi in it, you get 50 messages all at once that completely fills your screen
[11:57] Aine.Caoimhe and you get them for NPC too
[11:57] Sheera.Khan Andrew... it started with a comment about those "unable to fetch profile data " messages...
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: geez that is terrible
[11:58] Nebadon Izumi: I had no idea
[11:58] Sheera.Khan and that this issue is due to an incompatibility of the group modules
[11:58] Andrew Hellershanks: ok
[11:59] Richardus.Raymaker not seen the message today
[11:59] Andrew Hellershanks: Is that an HG issue? The grid determines which way it is saving profile data.
[11:59] Marcus Llewellyn: I only ever see it when HGing about.
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: the reason i think it would be better to fix osprofiles too
[11:59] Nebadon Izumi: going v2 means forced updates
[11:59] Aine.Caoimhe i've only seen it when HGed to a grid that doesn't run V2
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: means the entire grid has to change configurations and restart
[12:00] Richardus.Raymaker well, mabye time to force it. V1 is problematic
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: or we could fix osprofile
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: so it can talk to core profiles
[12:00] Nebadon Izumi: and lower the burden on everyone
[12:01] Sheera.Khan is there a special reason for using a different group module except for legacy reasons?
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: something to think about
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: switching osgrid to v2 will be painful is all
[12:01] Nebadon Izumi: very painful
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: unatended regions will start spewing errors
[12:02] Andrew Hellershanks: I maintain the osprofile code. I can work with someone to help sync osprofile and v2 profiles. I'll have to read the meeting log to catch the part about how the two having different db structures is causing a problem.
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: hypergrid
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: they cant talk to each other over hypergrid
[12:02] Nebadon Izumi: my grid is running osprofile
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: i just to metro grid who is running v2
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: it generates errors not only on firestorm vieer
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: but also region console too
[12:03] Nebadon Izumi: lots of spew
[12:03] Sheera.Khan so sorry about it ;-)
[12:03] Andrew Hellershanks: Isn't there a standard method for asking an instance for profile data?
[12:03] Dahlia Trimble: bye all :) *waves*
[12:03] Marcus Llewellyn: Cya Dahlia
[12:04] Nebadon Izumi: I am not sure Andrew
[12:04] Nebadon Izumi: maybe but it seems at the moment they cant talk each other
[12:04] Andrew Hellershanks: I would have thought the grid would then pass back the info after getting it from whatever method is used in the grid.
[12:04] Alicia.Raven i gotta go, bye everyone :)
[12:04] Licu.Rau bye alicia
[12:04] Nebadon Izumi: see you Alicia
[12:04] Andrew Hellershanks: I'm not against making changes. I'd just like to make sure I understand the source of the problem first.
[12:04] Aine.Caoimhe by Alicia
[12:04] Aine.Caoimhe and bye Dahlia
[12:05] Andrew Hellershanks: yea, I should go. My at is getting *very* insistent I go see him.
[12:05] Aine.Caoimhe and actually I should be heading off too
[12:05] Andrew Hellershanks: My cat
[12:05] Aine.Caoimhe have a great week everyone
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: ya the problem is when you HG travel to a grid that isnt running the same prfile module
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: you start throwing errors
[12:05] Marcus Llewellyn: Since both v2 profiles and HG are diva's creations, presumably the way the v2 profile module does it would be the "standard"
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: to region console and viewers
[12:05] Nebadon Izumi: and profile is not readable in viewer
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: it may just be a matter of how data is serialized or something
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: i dunno
[12:06] Andrew Hellershanks: I have to go. This cat is meowing for me non stop. We can talk more about this another time on IRC or the mailing list.
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: ok sounds good Andrew
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: ya our hour is up for the day anyway
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: thanks everyone
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: same time next week
[12:06] Licu.Rau only one cat?
[12:06] Nebadon Izumi: Sheera you have log?
[12:06] Marcus Llewellyn: If she doesn't, I do.
[12:07] Nebadon Izumi: ok cool ya Sheera has unoficially taken over log duty :)
[12:07] Marcus Llewellyn: Cool beans. :)
[12:07] Nebadon Izumi: i just like to be sure if not i can grab a copy just in case
[12:07] Richardus.Raymaker meeuw meeeiow meew :P
[12:07] Marcus Llewellyn: This meeting will also be archived on Youtube in the near future. :)
[12:07] Nebadon Izumi: nice
[12:07] Nebadon Izumi: ya that was great Marcus
[12:07] Nebadon Izumi: i had it open on second screen
[12:07] Nebadon Izumi: was like 10 second delay
[12:08] Marcus Llewellyn: It an't bad, especially with how much I have to dial the encoder down. lol
[12:08] Nebadon Izumi: I like the chat
[12:08] Nebadon Izumi: how are you doing that?
[12:08] Sheera.Khan sure I'll post the log in some minutes
[12:08] Nebadon Izumi: thanks Sheera
[12:08] Marcus Llewellyn: I'm just feeing the viewer log straight into a text source in OBS.
[12:08] Sheera.Khan just cleaning it up a bit ...
[12:08] Nebadon Izumi: oh wow
[12:08] Nebadon Izumi: thats awesome idea
[12:08] Nebadon Izumi: I thought maybe you hacked on the viewer xmls
[12:08] Marcus Llewellyn: But I have a log anatizer than cleans the raw log up even more. It crashed this time... not enough testing with HG names.
[12:09] Nebadon Izumi: great job
[12:09] Nebadon Izumi: its really good
[12:09] Marcus Llewellyn: Thank you. :) I hope fo make it a regular thing.
[12:09] Nebadon Izumi: that would be awesome
[12:09] Nebadon Izumi: we could link URL at top of each chat log
[12:09] Nebadon Izumi: on the wiki
[12:09] Nebadon Izumi: or maybe even just embed video in the wiki
[12:10] Marcus Llewellyn: Fine by me. :)
[12:10] Nebadon Izumi: cool pass along a URL once you have it for archive
[12:10] Nebadon Izumi: ill experiment
[12:10] Marcus Llewellyn: Will do in IRC.
[12:10] Nebadon Izumi: cool thanks
[12:10] Nebadon Izumi: ok off to work I go
[12:10] Nebadon Izumi: if you are interested
[12:10] Nebadon Izumi: i have ben tinkering with Unity3D WebGL
[12:11] Nebadon Izumi:
[12:11] Nebadon Izumi: is my current demo
[12:11] Nebadon Izumi: no opensim
[12:11] Marcus Llewellyn: Cool :)
[12:11] Nebadon Izumi: its pure Blender>Unity3D>WebGL
[12:11] Nebadon Izumi: the work flow is pretty awesome I have to say
[12:11] Nebadon Izumi: you just export your collada to the unity3d asset folder for your project
[12:11] Nebadon Izumi: and in the unity3d editor your model just automaticaly updates
[12:12] Nebadon Izumi: takes a little hacking to get camera moving
[12:12] Nebadon Izumi:
[12:12] Nebadon Izumi: been intersting to hack on
[12:12] Nebadon Izumi: the bar is much higher though
[12:12] Nebadon Izumi: the SL viewer really can handle some pretty shitty models
Personal tools
About This Wiki